Actions and Detail Panel
The After Party: Your Life with a Baby
Wed, June 21, 2017, 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM EDT
After Labor and Delivery come the After Party!! Most parents-to-be focus their education on childbirth but do little to prepare for what life will be like newborn.
This two-hour class taught by both a Labor and Delivery RN and Psychologist who specializes in maternal mental health will prepare you for all that postpartum brings. Learn about both the physical changes to expect, some basic newborn care and the very real emotional component that comes along with delivery.
Topics discussed will include:
- When does postpartum begin
- Normal changes that occur in new moms
- Care of mom and baby
- What are “normal” postpartum emotions and how to deal with them
- Strategies and techniques that can help in adjusting to new roles
- Signs and Symptoms of Perinatal Mood Disorders
- When and how to seek treatment
Investment: $30 per couple
Light refreshments will be served.