San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Please join us in reviewing the Newtek Marketplace and your available options for the rapidly approaching 2016 Open Enrollment.
Newtek Insurance Agency will on site at QNS to discuss the Individual Health Insurance mandate of the Affordable Care Act, including market options and tools for you to obtain insurance in the upcoming Open Enrollment period.
Review all your coverage options
- Major Medical Plans: for people who do not qualify for/don’t want a subsidy. This helps you avoid tax penalties and meet ACA coverage standards.
- Qualified Health Plans: for people who qualify for government subsidy to assist in paying for a health plan.
- Catastrophic Plans: only available for people under the age of 30, cannot be purchased with a government subsidies. Carry a minimum level of benefits but avoid tax penalties.
Know when your enrollment period starts and ends
- Open enrollment: Nov 1, 2015-Jan 31, 2016
- To register beyond open enrollment a “special enrollment period”must be triggered by having a major life event (wedding, permanent move, loss of minimum essential coverage).
Understand your tax obligations if you go uninsured
- Fees for going uninsured in 2016 will be 2.5% of yearly household income or $695 per person ($347.50 if under 18), which ever is higher of the two.
Understand the true cost of any health plan you’re considering
- Be aware of Cost-sharing: co-payments, deductibles or coinsurance.
Know when your coverage actually starts
- Coverage usually starts on the first of the month. Be sure to find out from your provider.
Refreshments and snacks will be served.
36-27 36th Street, 2nd Floor
LIC / Astoria, NY 11106
hello (@) qnscollective.com
By train: R,M,N
By bus: Q66, Q101
When & Where
QNS Collective is the first dedicated coworking and event space in the borough of Queens fostering collaboration, education and community to empower independents, entrepreneurs and startups.