Knowledge Management (KM) is a discipline concerned with the analysis and technical support of practices used in an organization to identify, create, represent, distribute and enable the adoption and leveraging of good practices embedded in collaborative settings and, in particular, in organizational processes. Effective knowledge management is an increasingly important source of competitive advantage, and a key to the success of contemporary organizations, bolstering the collective expertise of its employees and partners.
Information Sharing (IS) is a term used for a long time in the information technology (IT) lexicon, related to data exchange, communication protocols and technological infrastructures. Although standardization is indeed an essential element for sharing information, IS effectiveness requires going beyond the syntactic nature of IT and delve into the human functions involved in the semantic, pragmatic and social levels of organizational semiotics.
The two areas are intertwined as information sharing is the foundation for knowledge management.
KMIS is part of IC3K, the 8th International Joint Conference on Knowledge Discovery, Knowledge Engineering and Knowledge Management.
IC3K 2016 will be held in conjunction with IJCCI 2016.
- Best Practices & Communities of Practice
- Business intelligence & CRM
- Business Process Management
- Communication, Collaboration and Information Sharing
- Digital Libraries
- Enterprise Information Systems
- Impact Measurement of Knowledge Management
- Information Security
- Innovation Facilitation
- Intelligent Information Systems
- KM Strategies and Implementations
- Knowledge Management Projects
- Learning Organization & Organizational Learning
- Metadata and Structured Documents
- Organizational Memories
- Organizational Semiotics
- Requirements Engineering
- Social Networks and the Psychological Dimension
- Studies, Metrics & Benchmarks
- Tools and Technology for Knowledge Management
IC3K KEYNOTE LECTURES
IC3K 2016 will have several invited keynote speakers, who are internationally recognized experts in their areas. Their names are not yet confirmed.
IC3K CONFERENCE CHAIR
Joaquim Filipe, Polytechnic Institute of Setúbal / INSTICC, Portugal
Kecheng Liu, University of Reading, United Kingdom
Jorge Bernardino, Polytechnic Institute of Coimbra - ISEC, Portugal
Address: Av. D. Manuel I, 27A, 2º esq.
2910-595 Setúbal - Portugal
Tel.: +351 265 100 033
Fax: +351 265 520 186