The 7 Principles of Building a High Performance Culture
Thursday, 20 October 2016 from 08:00 to 14:00 (BST)
A Masterclass on The 7 Principles of Building a High Performance Culture
by David Smith
David Smith is one of the U.K's leading experts on culture change and high performance cultures.
This Masterclass is basically the people side of the incredible transformation that Asda underwent in the 1990s – weeks away from running out of cash to top performer in the sector – from frightening ‘churn’ among its 175,000 (mainly low wage) employees to top of the Times 100 best employers.
This isn’t a history lesson……..the principles of what David and his team tried and achieved (& some of the stuff which didn’t work!) apply just as much today.
At the conclusion of the morning you will appreciate:
- How hiring is the biggest indicator of your culture
- How people need communication constantly – in a form which causes inclusion
- How to engage in systematic listening to your people
- That choosing an appropriate style of leadership is rare but highly necessary
- That dealing with underperformance and pushing talent is critical to success
- That recognition is free yet more powerful than most organisations realise
- How to create an environment of fun and a sense of community in your organisation
Some comments from delegates at previous sessions:
“ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT! There are Masterclasses and there are Masterclasses. This was incredible, and unforgettable! You were inspirational.”
“Your session was a big success. There is a real appreciation for how you have taken a complex issue like employee engagement and created a simple formula to open a dialogue on the things that make a big difference both short and long term”
Refreshments (breakfast sandwiches, tea, coffee etc) will be available until the Masterclass starts (promptly!) at 8.30 and a sandwich lunch will be provided at 2pm.
’So what’ – included in the price is a 90 minute session 3 weeks later to follow up/make the most of your investment
Share with other delegates what you/your organisation:
Has achieved once or twice which has since become embedded
Has achieved once or twice and then lapsed
Meant to apply and hasn’t
The outcome from this facilitated session will be an ACTION PLAN of what YOU will implement in order to INCREASE REVENUES, EFFECTIVENESS, EFFICIENCY and/or DECREASE COSTS, WASTE, TIME significantly and consistently - short, medium and long term.
Same venue Friday 11th November 4-5.30pm