Presented by Amgen and hosted by ZD Wines of Napa Valley, we welcome you to join our acclaimed chefs, celebrity guests and professional cyclists past and present, at the Crush Challenge: the fundraising food, wine, and cycling experience of a lifetime.
Join us the weekend of October 7-9, 2016 to enjoy a harvest weekend in the beautiful Napa Valley while helping us raise awareness and funding for our deserving beneficiaries: The deLeuze Family Endowed Professorship for the Non-Toxic Cure for Lymphoma, Amgen's Breakaway from Cancer and its Partners, and Boys & Girls Clubs of Napa Valley.
Photos from the 2015 Crush Challenge - Check them out HERE
Follow The Crush Challenge on FaceBook with updates HERE
Fundraising for the Ride - Powered by SRAM
Once we have completed your fundraising registration (please allow 24-48 hours for this), you will receive an additional email with instructions on how to direct your friends and family to show their support for your efforts through individual gifts. We will also provide you with some helpful tools and tips for a more successful fundraising campaign.
Your $25 non-refundable deposit for the fundraising program is charged to your credit card at the time of registration. You have until the end of Friday the 30th of September (11:59pm PST) to reach your fundraising minimum of $175 for participation in the Private Ride with Commemorative Jersey and Food & Wine Marketplace. If you have not met the minimum goal by that time, your credit card will be charged for the remaining amount needed.
The TOP Three earning* individual fundraisers will be recognized and awarded for their efforts with amazing prizes courtesy of our partners at SRAM.
- 1st Place Top Fundraiser will receive: One Full Package Ticket for the Crush Challenge. This ticket includes: Friday welcome reception at ZD, admission to our limited availability multi-chef, multi-course wine dinner and auction on Saturday night (with transportation), and an in-the-vineyard appreciation brunch on Sunday. The winner will also receive a complimentary room at the Silverado Resort and Spa on Saturday Evening the 8th of October, 2016.
- 2nd Place Fundraiser will receive: ZIPP 303 NSW Carbon Fiber Clincher Wheelset valued at approx. $3,100.00 (w/complimentary installation provided by Napa River Velo)
- 3rd Place Fundraiser will receive: SRAM Red eTap Component Group (Brake/Shift Handles, Front and Rear Derailleurs, Battery Charger, USB Stick) valued at approx. $1,700.00 (w/complimentary installation provided by Napa River Velo)
*The deadline for the Fundraising Incentives is the end of the day on Thursday, October 6 (11:59pm PST). Final, individual fundraising totals will be calculated at that time. The top three fundraising individuals will then be notified of their achievement and the associated rewards that they will receive.
TOP Three Individual Fundraisers (updated Thursday, September 22, 2016)
1st Place - Mike C.
2nd Place - Marsha B.
3rd Place - Tammy S.
2016 Crush Challenge Schedule of Events
Friday October 7th, 2016
- 5pm-8pm Private welcome reception & casual dinner for VIP and partners of the Crush Challenge. Closed to public / invitation only.
Saturday October 8th, 2016
-8am Late registration for ride (if available) and rider packet/jersey/swag bag pick up at the Picnic Grounds of the Veterans Home of California in Yountville
- 9am Start to Crush Challenge Ride. Start/Finish and parking is located at the Picnic Grounds of the Veterans Home of California in Yountville (follow event signage)
- 10am Start to Crush Challenge winemaker hosted barrel tasting and food pairing experience. Located at ZD Wines, Silverado Trail - Napa. Transportation provided from Silverado Resort and Spa and Veterans Home.
- 12pm Conclusion to Crush Challenge Ride (first riders in) and celebrity & winemaker hosted barrel tasting. Attendees then transfer to the Marketplace.
- 12pm-3pm Food & Wine Marketplace located at the Picnic Grounds of the Veterans Home of California in Yountville (follow event signage)
- 6pm VIP reception and auction preview followed by 7:30pm multi-chef, multi-course wine dinner hosted at Silverado Resort and Spa. Transportation provided from Napa-area pick-up locations for attendees.
Sunday October 9th, 2016
-9am Optional VIP Porsche Driving Experience through the Napa Valley, prior to brunch.
- 11am Appreciation Brunch for VIP Full Package attendees. Located at the private vineyard estate of ZD Wines in Carneros (South Napa)
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
via email: email@example.com
Are there recommended lodging partners for the Crush Challenge?
Our official lodging partner for the Crush Challenge is The Silverado Resort and Spa. They offer participants of the Crush Challenge 15% off advertised rates on select room options based on availability. Please use code SPP when booking. In addition to the Silverado Resort and Spa we also recommend the Napa Valley Marriott and Hotel Yountville.
Is transportation provided/available to the Crush Challenge?
Attendees are responsible for their transportation to and from Napa Valley. However, if you are a participant in the Dinner/Auction and/or Private Wine Tasting we will provide transportation to ensure safe consumption of our featured wines.
Are there ID requirements or an age limit to enter the event?
The Crush Challenge is a 21yrs and older event.
Is my registration/ticket transferrable?
Yes. We require notification of the transfer and new attendee information no later than 72 hours prior to the event. Attendee must be 21yrs of age or older.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
No, hard copy tickets are not required. All events are guest listed. Just bring yourself!
What is the refund policy?
100% refund is available prior to 30 days from the event date. Once inside the final thirty days, tickets are refundable at 50%. Tickets do remain transferable.