The 1st Young + Cleantech + Tech + Save the World Meetup
Friday, November 5, 2010 from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM (EDT)
After starting Green Light Distrikt a year ago in Boston, I've noticied that there is a HUGE amount of BUZZ and interest in both webtech and cleantech, specifically in the young crowd. At the same time, there seems to be very little overlap. My goal is to change this, at least in a small way.
We'll use the hastag #cleantechtech to share information and collaboration about the event.
Date: Friday, November 5th
Time: 6pm to 9pm
Location: Tommy Doyles Pub in Kendell Square
Whats the goal of the meetup?
- First and foremost is to have fun and establish personal friendships that bridge the gap between the tech and cleantech communities. I think both communities have a lot to gain from the other side and building friendships will be the first step to collaboration.
- Second is to be a place that unites these two, seemingly separate groups.
- Third is to share specific ideas of how both groups can collaborate. This might come later, after a couple meetups, but we'll see.
- Be ready to share what you're working on, what you're passionate about, and why you're looking to work with a cleantech or tech person.
Who should come?
- Cleantechies. Those working with, on, or wanting to start some sort of green, or cleantech organization that will rely heavily -- and what organizations don't these days -- on technology to be successful.
- Techies. People who are involved in webdesign, mobile, coding, the rest of the works, who are looking to put their skills into action addressing a social or environmental issue.
What to Expect
To be honest, I really don't know and I wouldn't lie to you and pretend I did. This may be the first, and only such event we ever do. On the other hand, it might turn into a huge regular gathering. It could go either way. At the very least, I hope to run into some amazing people, working on really cool project.
When & Where
The Green Light Distrikt (@greenLdistrikt)
The Green Light Distrikt is a community of young clean tech professionals that covers all things Boston + innovation + clean technology with industry insiders, aggregating local events and hosting Clean Tech Kingpins.