The 14th Annual AIA|LA Legislative Day at City Hall
Thursday, November 21, 2013 from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM (PST)
Los Angeles, CA
PLEASE SAVE THE DATE and make plans to participate in our 14th annual AIA|LA Legislative Day at City Hall, which will be on Thursday, November 21st.
On Thursday, November 21, you're invited to join us for our 14th annual AIA|LA Legislative Day at City Hall. Meetings are scheduled throughout the day and are coordinated directly with active participants of the AIA|LA Political Outreach Committee. To participate in our meetings at City Hall you must also attend our training session, which will be on November 12th.
AIA|LA LEGISLATIVE DAY AT CITY HALL
Thursday, November 21 (8:30am - 5:00pm)
Los Angeles City Hall
200 N. Spring Street
Los Angeles, CA 90012
Tuesday, November 12 (6:00pm - 8:00pm)
- Invest in a long-term Vision Plan for Los Angeles.
- Maximize the impact of RE:CODE LA.
- Streamline entitlement and permit procedures.
- Create an Office of Architecture and Urban Design (OAUD).
- Incentivize high-density high-rise development in Downtown Los Angeles.
- Build Complete Streets including bike lanes, enhanced sidewalks, parkways and bio-swales in the proposed street repair bond.
- Improve LADWP’s Feed-In-Tariff Program.
- Eliminate the Gross Receipts Business Tax.
- Inventory all publically-owned real estate in the Los Angeles region.
- Appoint architects to city commissions.
This is your chance to meet decision makers and help influence our city's future.
Limited Capacity for AIA members only and advanced registration is required.
For more details, contact:
Will Wright, Hon. AIA|LA
Director, Government & Public Affairs
AIA Los Angeles
3780 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 800
Los Angeles, CA 90010
Email: will [@] aialosangeles.org
When & Where
AIA Los Angeles
AIA|LA is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to furthering the efforts of its parent organization, the American Institute of Architects (AIA), by specifically serving the interests of our local architecture and design community. AIA|LA's membership includes architects and design professionals actively engaged in the industry. Members work at diverse companies representing a broad range of professional practices. Through advocacy, education, networking and outreach, AIA|LA serves as a resource to help make the Los Angeles region more delightful, healthy, sustainable and economically competitive.
For more information on AIA|LA and its activities, please visit us at www.aialosangeles.org.