Thai Massage with Herbal Bundles
Friday, July 12, 2013 at 6:00 PM - Sunday, July 14, 2013 at 6:00 PM (EDT)
18 NCBTMB and Florida CE Hours
Thais have used these steamed herbal bundles, called luk pra kob, as a multi-faceted and multi-purpose healing treatment for centuries. The Thai Herbal Compress Massage, also known as Luk Pra Kob, Thai herbal balls treatment, Thai herbal bundles treatment, herbal bolus treatment, or herbal heat revival treatment, uses heated herbal aromatic bundles containing a blend of 16-20 traditional Thai herbs: Aromatic Salisb, Derris Scandens Benth, Zingiber cassumunar, Cassumunar, Camphor, Borneo camphor, Cinnamon, Citronella, Cryptolepis buchannai roem, Curcuma aromatica salisb, Galangal, Lemon Grass, Kaffir lime, Leech lime, Wild Lime, Menthol, Patchouli, Prai Ginger, Tamarind leaves, Turmeric oil and many more.
These bundles are steamed and then applied directly to the skin or through the client's clothing during the Thai massage session. The therapeutic value of this moist heat aromatherapy treatment combined with Thai energy line work and Thai yoga stretches has innumerable holistic healing benefits, simultaneously achieving a relaxing and invigorating effect on the mind and body. This herbal compress massage increases circulation and energy flow, relaxes, warms, releases tension, relieves stiff muscles and joints, eases chronic pain and improves the skin condition while stimulating the senses to reduce mental fatigue and stress.
In our dynamic and practical three-day Thai Hot Herbal Compress Massage course, we’ll give you an insight into Thai medicine and culture, as well as a thorough practical training into the safe and effective treatment of the art of Thai herbal compress massage.
Participants will learn:
- Introduction to the origins of Eastern herbal medical treatments, including benefits, properties and healing effects of herbs and contra-indications
- Practical, flowing, traditional Thai herb compress treatments that will add to your current range of treatments and will have your regular massage clients coming back for more
- The safe use of equipment, bundles, herbs needed and other hydrotherapy-related health and safety considerations
- How to adapt your body mechanics, quality of touch, pressure and personalize your Thai herbal treatments while maintaining the purity and integrity of this sacred bodywork.
- Thai herbs properties, and how to make your own herbal compresses recipes
- Thai herbal compress massage techniques - Hands on Demonstration and Practice
- This Class is useful for:
- Massage therapists/ Bodyworkers who are interested in learning a new Thai technique
- Great complement to any Spa menu of services. See our Spa Staff training program
- Thai Herbal Compress Massage combines well with a variety of techniques to create a unique healing session
Participants at all levels are welcome in this class
For more information on this or other Sacred Bodywork workshops and retreats, please visit us online at www.sacredbodywork.us or call 786.261.6170.
To register for this class, please visit us at http://www.thaimassageclasses.com/herbal.html
Participants will earn 18 NCBTMB, Florida and/or Lousiana CE hours
Sacred Bodywork, LLC is approved by the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork (NCBTMB) as a continuing education Approved Provider--Provider # 450670-08, by the State of Florida Board of Massage Therapy CE Provider # 50-9043 and by the State of Louisiana Board of Massage Therapy CE Provider # LA00155.