Texas Tax Liens: The Unknown Auction **Online**
What is a Tax Sale Auction?
The selling of property for non-payment of ad-valorem taxes, which is also known as property taxes. The collection of property taxes is a huge priority in every county within the State of Texas. Without the collection of property taxes, the taxing authorities, which include schools, counties, cities & other special taxing districts would go broke. In Texas, these taxing entities can and will force the sale of the property in order to collect the delinquent taxes owed. The County Sheriff is responsible for this auction, which is held on the courthouse steps every month.
Did You Know?
Every month, hundreds of properties are auctioned off at the Sheriff’s Sale, which is also known as the Constable’s Sale due to either delinquent property taxes or a judgment. Most delinquent properties are 3 to 5 years behind on their property taxes. Although the Sheriff’s Sale/Auction is held on the first Tuesday of each month, just like the Trustee’s Auction, the laws and procedures are very different . Tax deed investing in Texas is one of the best investments you can make for two reasons. The first is the high statutory rate of return if the property is redeemed within the allotted time period. The second is that most properties purchased at the Tax Auction are purchased at far below their market value, sometimes as much as 50% off.
What You Will Learn
- Why buying Tax Lien is a SUPERIOR strategy!
- Detail description of the Tax Deed Investing Process
- Finding Properties Listed for the Tax Sale/Auction
- Best Time to Buy a Tax Deed
- Helpful Links to county websites & private law firms that handle Tax Sales in the State of Texas
- Avoid Common Mistakes made by inexperienced agents/investors
- Redemption Periods & the 25% Guaranteed Profits
- The Minimum Bid Cover – does it cover delinquent property taxes, filing fees, attorney fees, etc.
- Filing of Tax Suit (District Clerk)
- Registration Requirements for Bidding
- Courthouse Atmosphere
- Highest Bid & Making Payment
- Ownership document issued after the sale
- I have the deed, now what? Can I move in?
- How to overcome Title Insurance problems
- What happens to properties not sold at auction
- Liens that Survive the Sale (Texas Tax Code)
Most of all, from top to bottom – this education course offers an A thru Z explanation of the Tax Sale auction so that you can begin your Tax Deed investing today. The guess work has been eliminated!
40 page step-by-step manual, 3-hours of recorded videos, all support documents and a Q&A forum (ask the trainer questions.
Save This Event
Roddy Real Estate Investing Academy
Roddy.com, LLC & Foreclosure Listing Service, Inc.
4851 Keller Springs Rd Ste. 219
Addison, Texas 75001
Phone: (214) 593-0074
Roddy.com is a leader in supporting investors & real estate professionals in Texas real estate. We are a respected organization in Texas when it comes to providing education, data, and investment opportunities in distressed real estate.
Our speakers are experienced investors with a broad range of expertise in a variety of proven investing strategies in Texas real estate.
Data/Course Provider: Foreclosure Listing Service, Inc. (FLS) is one of the Texas's largest provider of data and information services on distressed real estate in Texas. FLS provides courthouse data in pre-auction, auction & post auction formats.