This is the required Texas Department of Public Safety class for the Texas License to Carry a Handgun (formerly CHL)
The classroom portion of the course includes
(1) License restrictions and rules
(2) The laws that relate to weapons and to the use of deadly force
(3) Basic Handgun use, proficiency, and safety
(4) Nonviolent dispute resolution
(5) Proper storage practices for handguns
.The length of the course is 4 1/2 hours plus the shooting range time.
At completion of the course, you will be issued the state-required LICENSE TO CARRY A HANDGUN PROFICIENCY COURSE CERTIFICATE OF TRAINING(FORM LTC-100)
Eye/ear protection are also provided at no additional charge, or you may bring your own. You will have a separate range fee.
You must bring your own handgun .32 caliber or larger and 50 rounds of ammunition
If you do not have a handgun, you can rent one (including ammo) from us when you take the class.. ($28.00)
All firing is supervised by the DPS Instructor and a NRA range officer
Come join us in our fun friendly atmosphere....Get the best..From the best!