Actions and Detail Panel
Tennessee College and Career Readiness Colloquium 2.0 - WEST
Tue, April 25, 2017, 9:00 AM – 3:30 PM EDT
TOSS and the College Board
Tennessee College and Career Readiness Colloquium 2.0
Superintendents and Instructional Leaders
- Committed to ensuring college and career readiness for all students?
- Optimally exposing all students to rigorous instruction to ensure global competiveness post-high school?
- Interested in exploring programs and resources that could serve as a roadmap supporting Drive to 55 and Tennessee Promise?
The College Board is a mission-driven not-for-profit organization committed to ensuring access and opportunity for secondary students. Each year, the College Board helps more than seven million students prepare for a successful transition post-high school through programs and services that shape college and career success — including the SAT®, PSAT® and the Advanced Placement Program®.
This day-long Colloquium will provide an opportunity for district leaders to make favorable decisions that inform instruction, explore programs and resources that promote a college/career going culture, and connect with innovative practitioners and peers.
You will navigate:
- Ways to shape a college-going mindset and learning environment
- How the College Board Suite of align to state accountability metrics according to the Tennessee Department of Education
- Best Practices for using benchmarks as early as eighth grade to assess student progress toward college readiness from year to year.
- Usage of Khan Academy to maximize daily teaching and learning
- Pre-AP options that expose students to rigorous, transformative learning
- Avenues for using identifying students with 60% chance of scoring a 3 or higher on up to 24 AP exams
- Free student support services inclusive of scholarships, fee waivers and college/major exploration
- The influence a student’s high school course rigor has in the admissions and scholarship process
Space is limited – REGISTER TODAY!
Please take a moment to complete this brief survey: ENTER SURVEY MONKEY