The two-days seminar helps participants to improve and refine their techniques to prepare tender estimates, negotiate and administer cash flow and contracts.
1. Introduction and Overview of Cost Estimating
– What is cost estimating?
– Purpose, functions, objectives of cost estimating
– Uses of cost estimating
– Functions and organization of estimating department
– Roles and responsibilities of cost estimators
2. Preparing Estimates for Quotation
– Understanding the types of estimates
– Factors in cost estimating
– Steps in preparing a cost estimates for quotations/tendering
– Reviewing the tender requirements
3. Mechanics of Cost Estimating
– Cost estimate format
– Establish labour rates and labour cost calculations
– Types of overheads and overheads calculations
– Obtaining contractor/subcontractors quotations
(a) Cost exercises
(b) Preparing quick cost estimates
Conducted By Distinguished Speaker:
MR. ALLAN ANG
Mr. Allan Ang is the principal trainer and consultant. He has 21 years of industrial, marine and offshore heavy construction works, where he held senior positions in the field of project tendering and contracts administration. His responsibilities include international tendering, heading the cost estimating team, project management, purchasing negotiation and international sourcing and evaluation.