Actions and Detail Panel
Tenant Rights: My Landlord Won't Make Repairs! (Free Clinic)
Thu, May 25, 2017, 2:30 PM – 4:30 PM EDT
The Tenant Rights Clinic explains your rights as a tenant and what to do if your landlord isn't making repairs. You will watch an instructional video. At the end of the video, you will have an opportunity to ask general questions to a volunteer attorney through the webinar. You will also have the opportunity to request a callback from Legal Aid to see if you qualify for additional help. Specific advice is not provided at the clinic.
Clinics are located in many NC counties. If you do not see a clinic in your city or county, please check the surrounding counties in your area. If you cannot attend a clinic, you can always call our Helpline for a screening to see if you qualify to speak with an attorney. Legal Aid assists with some landlord/tenant issues. The number is 1-866-219-5262. Legal Aid services are free of charge.
TO REGISTER: Click the blue “SELECT A DATE” button above. The page will refresh, and a green “REGISTER” button will replace the “SELECT A DATE” button. Click the green “REGISTER” button to continue registering for this date. To pick a different date, use the “Select a different date” drop-down menu on the right, then click the green “REGISTER” button at the top of your screen to select a free ticket at the location of your choice.
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
- Free parking is available at each location. Most locations are accessible by public transportation.
What should I bring to the event?
- You should only need a pen. We will provide the instructional materials and/or legal forms. Please do not bring small children to the clinic if possible.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
- No. You do not need to bring a printed ticket or show an electronic version of a ticket at the clinic. You may be asked to sign in when you arrive at the clinic.
Can I attend a clinic without registering online?
- You can attend the clinic without registering only if space is available. If space is not available, we will ask you to reserve a ticket for a future clinic.
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
- Please call the Legal Aid Helpline at 866-219-5262 with any questions about the clinic.