Telecommuting: Effective Policies, Practices, and Programs
Thursday, January 9, 2014 from 10:00 AM to 11:15 AM (PST)
Palo Alto, CA
This training on employee telecommuting policies will explain how to develop and implement a formal program on telecommuting for companies that are considering it and how to review and formalize current practices for companies that already have a program.
Why Should You Attend:
More and more companies are allowing employees to perform their work from a remote worksite ranging from an occasional occurrence to a regular full-time schedule.
This webinar contains an overview of how to develop a policy, who or what positions would be eligible, alternative work arrangements, the approval process, rules of operation, compensation and eligible expenses, equipment considerations and support, and effective communication practices. We will cover the business case for telecommuting as well as the advantages and disadvantages. This session will also cover how to develop a proposal to adopt either a full telecommuting plan or hybrid and how to measure, justify and communicate results.
Areas Covered in the Seminar:
- Presenting the Business Case for Telecommuting.
- How to Determine Eligibility and Participation?
- Support Needs for Work at Home.
- Addressing Legal Issues, such as hours worked, safety and confidentiality.
- Compensation and Expenses.
- Developing Policies and Procedures on Telecommuting.
- Evaluating the Program and Measuring Results.
When & Where
At ComplianceOnline, we are focused on :
- Enhancing global compliance, creating a world where quality and compliance professionals, regulators, and government agencies come together to help the world comply with the intent and the spirit of laws, policies and mandates, ensuring continuous improvement in global operations, quality & safety.
- Making sure that we are responsible corporate citizens helping our constituents build a more responsible enterprise, one which operates with high quality , under a code of ethics, and with process discipline to ensure greater shareholder returns.
- Keeping things simple and straight forward , so that we all can indeed improve the quality of our processes, our work, our businesses and enhance compliance globally.
- Being inclusive, giving the process experts ( & novices! ), compliance professionals, quality champions, and regulatory agencies a voice so that all of us can contribute and make a difference.