The social world for teenagers has become more stressful and challenging than ever before. The rise in peer pressure, competitive conflicts, and unhealthy social/media messages are all likely contributors to increases in anxiety, mood disorder and low self-esteem. Teen Support Groups offer an educational and experiential approach for improving decision making, developing coping resources and increasing self-esteem.
· Increasing teenager’s ability to make safe and healthy choices.
· Increasing self-esteem, self-confidence, and the ability to accept oneself; how to be assertive, and overcome a variety of difficult situations.
· Developing skills to combat peer pressure.
· To gain mastery of effective coping strategies to address negative feelings and to promote healthy body image.
· Improve emotional regulation and reduce and control depressive symptoms and anxiety.
· Address problems associated with low self-esteem, anxiety, depression, peer issues, and other problems.
· An educational approach incorporating a social and coping curriculum focused on improving social interaction, increasing self-esteem, and improving mood.
· Activities, initiatives, and games to allow for exploration and learning of more effective social and coping strategies.
· Feedback and sharing in an environment that is constructive and supportive.
· Art therapy and journaling designed to aid in understanding and expression of feelings and development of self-esteem and confidence.
SMR Counseling Services
3909 National Drive, Suite 100
Burtonsville, Maryland 20866
We accept most major insurances. You are just responsible for your co-pay. Without insurance, the fee is $35.00 per session. Fees include class materials and a light snack. To learn more or to register, please call
240-389-1487 or email email@example.com