San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Teen Dating Abuse
A Partnership for Change (APFC) is a New Jersey non-profit organization dedicated to ending intimate partner abuse through the provision of comprehensive education and awareness programs.
This class is extremely valuable for anyone who works with teens - whether in the school system, healthcare system or within community organizations - as 1 in 3 teenage girls is a victim of dating abuse.
** Professional Credits Available for Social Workers, LPC's and Nurses **
5.5 DVS (Domestic Violence Specialist) credits are awarded for EACH IPVA class; credits authorized by the NJ Coalition to End Domestic Violence (NJCEDV).
Nurses, Social Workers and LPCs:
Contact us at IPVA@APartnershipforChange.org for more information.
Goals for Teen Dating Abuse:
- Define the dynamics of abuse, and all types of abuse, in teen dating relationships
- Identify the warning signs that a teen may be a victim or an abuser
- Identify strategies to effectively identify, approach and support teens and their parents or guardians
- Learn how to properly document incidents, develop teen safety plans
- Identify effective prevention and awareness strategies
- Identify age-appropriate resource and referral infomation for support
- We provide light refreshments, but please bring your lunch.
- There is a parking garage located across the street. We do NOT advise street parking,
- Facility is wheelchair accessible.
- If you prefer to pay by check, email us at IPVA@APartnershipForChange.org
Workshops are based on best practices that acknowledge and respect the needs of victims from diverse populations. The speakers have nothing to disclose; there are no conflicts of interest, sponsorship, or financial/commercial support being supplied for this activity.
When & Where
A Partnership for Change (APFC)
A Partnership for Change (APFC) is a New Jersey-based, private, non-profit organization dedicated to ending intimate partner violence through the provision of comprehensive education, awareness and prevention programs.
All programs developed by Allison Bressler, MA and Gloria Sgrizzi, Co-Founders/Co-Directors of A Partnership for Change.
For more information about our work, visit us at www.APartnershipforChange.org.