Saturday, October 29, 2016 from 9:00 AM to 12:30 PM (BST)
Join us on Saturday, 29th October, at High Road House, Chiswick to celebrate the 2016 TEDxWomen conference.
TED is a nonprofit organisation devoted to Ideas Worth Spreading. TEDxWomen events focus on women and women’s issues, hosted around a live webcast as part of the overall conference and also feature local speakers.
Our event is TEDxFulhamWomen and it is one of many TEDx events happening around the globe between 26th and 30th October.
The event is designed primarily for women in West London who like to save a small space in their lives for ‘beyond the everyday’. We are inviting only 50 people with the goal of getting some valuable minds together to watch what promises to be an exciting conference. We’re always learning and trying new perspectives on for size - we'd love to hear what you think.
We will participate in the conference by watching selected sessions exploring ‘Time’ streamed from San Francisco, California.
We have invited five stimulating local women, who are pioneers in their work or communities, to tell us about how they have harnessed time for their cause.
We are delighted to announce our local speakers for 2016:
- Bridgette Cameron, Entrepreneur and Director of Alpine, speaking on ‘Managing time’ as an enterprising woman.
- Marina Benjamin, Author of 'MiddlePause', speaking about women and middle age.
- Aly Blenkin, Product Designer at Pivotal Labs, speaking on 'Making time for the environment'
- Dr Mitra Memarzia, Head of Collaboration at Seeper, speaking on 'Time and Technology'
- Lu Li, Founder & CEO Blooming Founders, details on talk to follow
Over breakfast we will have an opportunity to discuss what we heard, and get to know each other better.
On the day:
9:00 AM - Doors open
9:30 AM - Talks start
We'll have ample time to mingle and enjoy breakfast together.
Wrap up by 12:30pm.