TechTerra Creating STEM Makerspaces Professional Development
The TechTerra professional development training workshop, inspired and informed by Maker Education and Project-Based Learning, was developed by Susan Wells, a veteran public school educator and national leader in mobile- integrated education, to equip teachers and educators with innovative instructional strategies that engage and invest students in their own learning and foster development of the 4 C’s.
Teachers, library media specialists, technology coaches and administrators can benefit from TechTerra training and be prepared to implement TechTerra learning experiences in their own schools.
The TechTerra Training and Certification Workshop is designed to equip teachers and educators to:
• Understand the value of mobile learning, project-based learning, and maker education to our global future
• Understand SAMR and TPACK supporting students in digital learning environments
• Apply daily tools of mobile learning and project-based learning for instruction
• Access and implement mobile and project-based learning and maker education resources for teaching and learning
• Understand the need for personalized learning through innovation with digital tools
Determine characteristics and apply uses of instructional technologies including: Project-based and problem-based, STEM and Nature learning strategies; Coding, Robotics fabrication and making; Maker Education Project Design; 3D Printing ; Digital Storytelling ; Virtual reality and augmented reality