This is an active workshop where you will have time to work on your own course with the help of instructional designers, so please bring your own laptop or email email@example.com if need us to provide you one.
By the end of the workshop participants will be able to:
- Describe formative and summative assessment
- Describe the value of formative assessment to students and faculty
- Experiment with two technologies that can be used to increase in-class engagement: audience response system: Turning Point and/or TopHat, Mersive wireless collaboration tool
- Develop a strategy for using one of the technologies in a class they are teaching or will teach
- Identify options for “gamifying” in-class engagement
Attending this workshop fufills a requirement for the Launch program.
This event is only open to faculty, students, and staff of the University of Maryland.