The TECHmunch Food Blogger Conference returns to Los Angeles for the fourth time on Jan 28th. The day-long event will feature many of Southern California’s most accomplished culinary and digital media experts. Each will be focused on sharing the hands-on tools and tactics food bloggers and culinary content creators need to create great content, build a loyal audience and turn their passion into profit.
SEE FULL SPEAKERS & FULL AGENDA AT TECHMUNCHLA.COM
NEW THIS YEAR: ALL-DAY FOOD PHOTOGRAPHY HANDS-ON WORKSHOP & FOOD STYLING DEMO -- Check out the latest Canon gear and speak with Canon product experts to learn how to take your photography to the next level. Food blogger Ashley Rodriguez (notwithoutsalt.com) will lead a special Food Styling 101 demo during the lunch break when she'll provide a hands-on demonstration to illustrate tips and tricks to make your photography stand out. Ashley will share some of her favorite techniques and as we get our hands dirty and play with food.
WHO'S GOING: Up to 200 prominent food/lifestyle bloggers, culinary media, expert panelists and social media influencers
WHO SHOULD ATTEND: Anyone serious about culinary content (e.g., food bloggers, recipe writers, traditional content developers and cookbook authors) and the brand marketers/PR reps who want to work with them.
CAN NON-FOOD BLOGGERS ATTEND? Yes of course! A lot of our chats will be focused on food content, but anyone interested in improving their content strategy will walk away from our event with useful information. Culinary marketing, PR and branding professionals are also invited to attend and learn how to work effectively with local food bloggers.
PRODUCED BY: Webby and IACP honored BakeSpace.com - the Web's first food-themed social network, recipe swap and cookbook app publishing platform.
SESSIONS & SPEAKERS:
No Arrogance. No Useless Content. No Sponsored Fluff.
PLUS, ALL-DAY FOOD PHOTOGRAPHY DEMOS W/ CANON USA
- Tapping into Trends: Perspectives from Top LA Food Journalists: Neil Saavedra (Host, KFI’s The Fork Report), Farley Elliott (Food Editor. Eater LA), Katherine Spiers (Food Editor, LA Weekly) and Moderated by Rene Lynch (LA Times)
- Demystifying Snapchat: Gaby Dalkin (WhatsgabyCooking.com), Laila Najafi (Producer, Tastemade Discovery Channel), Sarah Evans (PR Pro/Digital Correspondent), Corianda Dimes (TBWA\Chiat\Day) and Moderated by Shira Lazar (What’strending.com)
- From Blogger to Brand: How the Pros Did It: Elise Bauer (Simplyrecipes.com), Tess Masters (TheBlenderGirl.com), Zach Brooks (Host, Food is the New Rock/Midtown Lunch) and moderated by Rene Lynch (LA Times)
- 5 Ways to Stop Wasting Your Time & Become a More Efficient Blogger: Debra Eckerling (WriteOnline.com, Host, Guided Goals Podcast)
- Beyond Food Porn, How to Optimize Instagram: Nastassia Johnson (Letmeeatcake.com), Sarah J. Gim (Thedeliciouslife.com), Ashley Rodriquez (notwithoutsalt.com) and Moderated by Lala Castro (Lala Castro Media)
- Lunch hosted by Bistro Planet & Got Milk
- Case Study: A One-Year Roadmap to Success: Naomi Robinson (Bakersroyal.com), Matt Robinson (Realfoodbydad.com) and Moderated by Kylie Jenkins (Madebyaprincess.com)
- Beyond the Blog - Publish Your Own Cookbook with Cookbook Cafe: Babette Pepaj (Founder, BakeSpace.com & TECHmunch)
- How to Work with Brands and Monetize Your Content: Sarah Dunham Korab (Savings.com). Kristin Guy (Dine X Design) and Moderator Erik Deutsch (ExcelPR Group)
- How To Fine Tune Your Website for Better Performance: Andrew Wilder (Eatingrules.com & Blogtutor.com)
- How to Produce & Distribute Mouthwatering Video (and Podcasts): Carolyn Scott Hamilton (HealthyVoyager.com), Michelle Jones (On-Camera Expert), Tim Street (Podcast Producer) and Moderated by Kevin Winston
- The Latest in SEO for Food Publishers: Arvind Raichur (MrOwl.com) and Scott Perry (LAtechdigest.com)
- Social Media Strategies: Nick Guillory (Social Media Strategy, Buzzfeed’s Tasty). Serena Ehrlich (Businesswire.com), Jessyca Dewey (Content Marketing Consultant) and Moderated by Rich DeMuro (KTLA Tech Guy)
Plus, meet and learn from top content creators and tastemakers, as well as the brands and PR/marketing pros you want to work with.
THE FINE PRINT & MORE INFO:
- SICK OR NEED TO CANCEL? TECHmunch tickets are non-refundable -- but are transferable. If you can't make one of our events, we will hold your ticket over to use at another TECHmunch conference of your choice.
- TICKETS AT DOOR INFO: There will be ticket available at the door, but only by credit card. Tickets at door are $350 per person regardless of type of ticket listed above. Also, same price regardless of when you arrive at event (no discounts for joining us later in day - ticket is for full event and you are choosing to attend when it's convenient for you.)
- For privacy, we do not list or promote our guest list on this website.
- SELF-PROMOTION AT EVENT: Attendees are not allowed to pass out promotional materials at event such as flyers or items to promote non-sponsored brands.
- SPONSORED PARTIES. Only TEChmunch events will be listed in our schedule. If you recieve an invite to a party, dinner or other function and they are using the TECHmunch name it is not an official event. Please let us know.
Have questions about TECHmunch LA Food Blogger & Content Creator Conference?
Contact TECHmunch Conference