The TECHmunch Food Blogger Conference returns to Los Angeles for the fourth time on Jan 28th. The day-long event will feature many of Southern California’s most accomplished culinary and digital media experts. Each will be focused on sharing the hands-on tools and tactics food bloggers and culinary content creators need to create great content, build a loyal audience and turn their passion into profit.
SEE FULL SPEAKERS & FULL AGENDA AT TECHMUNCHLA.COM (also see list below)
NEW TO TECHMUNCH? TECHmunch is a series of local conferences held in cities across North American. The goal is to help food bloggers gain the hands-on digital media, marketing and business skills they need to make their blogs more personally and financially rewarding. Each conference features leading experts in a range of disciplines -- from digital publishing and search engine optimization to public relations and online advertising.
WHO'S GOING: Up to 200 prominent food/lifestyle bloggers, culinary media, expert panelists and social media influencers
WHO SHOULD ATTEND: Anyone serious about culinary content (e.g., food bloggers, recipe writers, traditional content developers and cookbook authors) and the brand marketers/PR reps who want to work with them.
CAN NON-FOOD BLOGGERS ATTEND? Yes of course! A lot of our chats will be focused on food content, but anyone interested in improving their content strategy will walk away from our event with useful information. Culinary marketing, PR and branding professionals are also invited to attend and learn how to work effectively with local food bloggers.
PRODUCED BY: Webby and IACP honored BakeSpace.com - the Web's first food-themed social network, recipe swap and cookbook app publishing platform.
WHICH TICKET DO I BUY: If you are a blogger, purchase the blogger ticket. If you are a brand rep, publicist, marketing manager or not a blogger (i.e. you have no blog), purchase the "non blogger" pass. All passed purchased at the door will be $350 (credit cards only).
SESSIONS & SPEAKERS:
No Arrogance. No Useless Content. No Sponsored Fluff.
- Tapping into Trends: Perspectives from Top LA Food Journalists: Neil Saavedra (Host, KFI’s The Fork Report), Farley Elliot (Food Editor .Eater LA), Katherine Spiers (Food Editor, LA Weekly) and Moderated by Rene Lynch (LA Times)
- Demystifying Snapchat: Gaby Dalkin (WhatsgabyCooking.com), Laila Najafi (Producer, Tastemade Discovery Channel), Sarah Evans (PR Pro/Digital Correspondent), Corianda Dimes (TBWA\Chiat\Day) and Moderated by Shira Lazar (What’strending.com)
- From Blogger to Brand: How the Pros Did It: Elise Bauer (Simplyrecipes.com), Nadia G (BitchinKitchen.com), Heather Saffer (DollupGourmet.com & Shark Tank Funded), Zach Brooks (Host, Food is the New Rock/Midtown Lunch) and moderated by Rene Lynch (LA Times)
- 5 Ways to Stop Wasting Your Time & Become a More Efficient Blogger: Debra Eckerling (WriteOnline.com, Host, Guided Goals Podcast)
- Beyond Food Porn, How to Optimize Instagram: Nastassia Johnson (Letmeeatcake.com), Sarah J. Gim (Thedeliciouslife.com) and Moderated by Lala Castro (Lala Castro Media)
- Lunch hosted by Bistro Planet & Got Milk
- Case Study: A One-Year Roadmap to Success: Naomi Robinson (Bakersroyal.com), Matt Robinson (Realfoodbydad.com) and Moderated by Kylie Jenkins (Madebyaprincess.com)
- Beyond the Blog - Publish Your Own Cookbook with Cookbook Cafe: Babette Pepaj (Founder, BakeSpace.com & TECHmunch)
- How to Work with Brands and Monetize Your Content: Sarah Dunham Korab (Savings.com). Kristin Guy (Dine X Design) and Moderator Erik Deutsch (ExcelPR Group)
- How To Fine Tune Your Website for Better Performance: Andrew Wilder (Eatingrules.com & Blogtutor.com)
- How to Produce & Distribute Mouthwatering Video (and Podcasts): Carolyn Scott Hamilton (HealthyVoyager.com), Michelle Jones (On-Camera Expert), Tim Street (Podcast Producer) and Moderated by Kevin Winston
- The Latest in SEO for Food Publishers: Arvind Raichur (MrOwl.com) and Scott Perry (LAtechdigest.com)
- Social Media Strategies: Nick Guillory (Social Media Strategy, Buzzfeed’s Tasty). Serena Ehrlich (Businesswire.com), Jessyca Dewey (Content Marketing Consultant) and Moderated by Rich DeMuro (KTLA Tech Guy)
- Plus, meet and learn from top content creators and tastemakers, as well as the brands and PR/marketing pros you want to work with.
THE FINE PRINT & MORE INFO:
- TECHmunch tickets are non-refundable, but are transferable.
- For privacy, we do not list or promote our guest list on this website.
- Attendees are not allowed to pass out promotional materials at event such as flyers or items to promote non-sponsored brands.
- Only TEChmunch events will be listed in our schedule. If you recieve an invite to a party, dinner or other function and they are using the TECHmunch name it is not an official event.
Have questions about TECHmunch LA Food Blogger & Content Creator Conference?
Contact TECHmunch Conference