TECHmunch: Food Blogger Conference at Disneyland Resort
Wednesday, January 29, 2014 at 6:00 PM - Friday, January 31, 2014 at 11:30 PM (PST)
BakeSpace.com's TECHmunch Food Blogger Conference returns to Southern California in January 2014, and this time we're adding some Disney Magic!
You can attend just the conference, or turn TECHmunch into a fun-filled getaway!
TECHmunch combines networking, panels, tastings and demos to inspire even the most seasoned culinary/lifestyle blogger. The goal is to provide you with the ingredients you need to succeed and pursue your passion.
Bloggers who decide to extend the conference into a Disney getaway (Hotel + Park Pass option) will receive two night's stay at the fabulous Grand Californian Hotel & Spa and two 3-day Park Hopper passes to Disneyland and Disney California Adventure Park. Additional park passes may be available to purchase.
Guests of the Grand Californian will be able to take advantage of Disney's "Magic Hour," which means you'll get to enjoy the both parks an hour before the general public.
Food bloggers & Marketing Pros, please read ticket requirements before you purchase your tickets.
Who should attend?
- Food, wine and lifestyle bloggers
- Brand representatives, community managers, PR/Marketing pros/specialists who want to connect and form partnerships with food bloggers
Space is limited, so register today!
What you’ll learn?
Topics include the latest tools and tactics for food bloggers to create great content, build buzz, grow an audience and profit financially from all their hard work. The focus is on practical, hands-on information that bloggers can use from day-one to take their blogs to the next level.
Panels and presentations include:
- How to expand your blog into a brand
- How to create an editorial calendar
- How to leverage Pinterest
- How to Implement Google Authorship
- How to plate your food beautifully
- How to secure your blog
- How to use fonts and typography to capture your audience’s attention
- TECHmunch Exclusive: How to pitch brands you want to work with, plus a live pitch session where you can win a cookbook deal from one of our sponsors
- You’ll also have some fun! We have a few surprised planned for our 2014 attendees…
Conference Venue: Say hello to Disney’s Grand Californian!
Thank you to Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa for being our official venue and sponsor. Nestled in the heart of the Disneyland® Resort, it is the first hotel ever built inside a Disney theme park. With its world-class spa, special them park entrance, Pinocchio’s Workshop, Mandara Spa & specialty dining such as The Napa Rose and Storyteller’s Cafe (for character dining), Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel® & Spa defines grandeur in every way.
TECHmunch LA is produce by Babette Pepaj (@BakeSpace), Founder of BakeSpace.com & TECHmunch and Jeff Houck (@Jeffhouck), Food Editor Tampa Tribune and co-host of KitchenParty. Special thanks to our brilliant session advisory board members Rene Lynch (@ReneLynch), Food Editor, LA Times and Andrew Wilder (@eatingrules) for making TECHmunch LA one of our best events ever.
You may purchase a blogger pass OR a Brand/Marketing pass. Please read the ticket requirements before purchasing your tickets.
Blogger passes are subsidized by our sponsors and are only available for purchase by a bloggers with an active blog. Due to our limited space and deep hotel/park pass discounts, you will need to verify your blog URL and your byline upon checkout.
Bloggers who work for PR/Marketing agencies or who also work for a brand must purchase a Brand Conference-Only pass.
Blogger Conference Pass + Two 3-Day Park Hopper Passes (Park passes good through Jan 29-31, 2014 with conference pass good on Jan 30th, 2014 Only): $199
Blogger Conference Pass + Two Nights Stay at Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa + Two 3-Day Park Hopper Passes: $499 (Package retails for $1700)
BONUS: The first 20 attendees who purchase 'Conference + Hotel + Park Pass' tickets will get the opportunity to participate in a live cooking demonstration and tasting at the Napa Rose.
Additional park passes may be available for purchase if quantities are available.
If you're bunking with another attending food blogger and would like to share a room and want to give them your extra Park Hopper Pass, you will be able to do so when you check out.
Brand, Community Manager, PR/Marketing Conference-Only Pass (Jan 30th, 2014 Only): $325.00 early bird // $500
Things you should know:
- If you have any trouble purchasing tickets... email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- All passes include the full conference pass, "Taste of Disneyland" lunch featuring ten different stations from Disneyland’s top restaurants, our evening mixer and the opportunity to win a spot to pitch brands during our live pitch session.
- Hotel rooms are based on two adults - you can bring a husband/wife/better half or friend/child and they can enjoy the park while you attend the conference. They will have their own park hopper pass.
- Please note: "Blogger Tickets" require proof of an established blog that is at last three months old. Should you purchase a ticket and we find that you don't have an active blog, we will refund you your ticket minus $50 for the time it took to verify your blog.
- Because everyone attending is considered media, no "media passes" will be issued.
- If you are a brand rep, PR or Marketing Pro and would like to join us, please purchase the "Brand" ticket.
- Hotel packages include two night stay at the Grand Californian Hotel & Spa on Wednesday, Jan 29 and Thursday, Jan 30th, 2014. Checkout is Friday, Jan 31st, 2014. Park pass option include 3-day Park Hoppers that are good from Wednesday, Jan 29 to Friday, Jan 31st, 2014. You will be able to pick up your park passes after checking into the hotel.
- Once you purchase a ticket, you will recieve more information from the conference about your agenda, hotel and park passes (if you purchased that option) and key information on where the conference is and what you can expect. We will be reaching out for room/park passes after Jan 1st to update our contact info for rooms so Disney has your information and can send you your checkin info.
- All attendees are responsible for their own transportaion to and from the venue as well as any parking/hotel charges beyond room charge. Parking at the hotel is around $22 a day.
- No refunds. Because of our cut off for hotel rooms... you may not swap your reservation with another guest/name. You may also not swap your hotel and park passes for any other dates.
- If you are a new blogger and have a compelling story about why you need to be at TECHmunch, email us. To avoid puchasing tickets for the hotel and park passes, we need to be selective so our food blogging guests can have access to our rooms and park passes.
For more info, please visit us at TECHmunchLA.com
When & Where
TECHmunch by BakeSpace.com
TECHmunch is a series of conferences in cities across the U.S. designed to help food bloggers gain the hands-on digital media, marketing and business skills they need to make their blogs more personally and financially rewarding. Each conference features leading experts in a range of disciplines -- from digital publishing and search engine optimization to public relations and online advertising.
TECHmunch was created by Babette Pepaj (@BakeSpace), the founder of BakeSpace.com, CookbookCafe.com and co-host of the popular Google Hangout culinary web show KitchenParty.
TECHmunch LA will be co-hosted by Jeff Houck (@jeffhouck), the Tampa Tribune food editor and co-host of KitchenParty.