TECHmunch Austin Food Blogger Conference
March 11 - 13, 2011
Whole Foods Market Culinary Center
Newly expanded for 2011, TECHmunch is returning to Austin during SXSW to serve up tasty strategies for food blogger success! The Austin TECHmunch is THREE Days long!
This year's TECHmunch conference will include more panels, networking mixers, tastings and even cooking classes to inspire food bloggers of every level. The goal is to provide the ingredients you need to succeed and pursue your passion.
Who should attend?
• Food bloggers of every level - from hobbyists to media conglomerates and everything in between
• Brands that want to connect and form partnerships with food bloggers
Can non-food bloggers attend?
Yes! If you're interested in hearing from some of the best and brightest in tech, join us! A lot of our chats will be focused on food content, but anyone interested in SEO, monetization, content creation and syndication will walk away from our event with useful information. Check out the partial list of speakers below.
What you'll learn?
Topics include the latest tools and tactics to develop and optimize content, build buzz, grow an audience and profit financially from all the hard work. The focus is on practical, hands-on information that you can use from day-one to take your blog to the next level.
What’s the Schedule?
- FRIDAY, March 11: Opening Party (7 pm - 9 pm)
- SATURDAY, March 12: Conference Panels (Doors open at 8 am, Panels from 9 am - 5 pm)
- SUNDAY, March 13: Cooking Classes, Workshops & Discussions (9 am - 5 pm)
- Closing Party March 13: Hosted by Cupcakes Take the Cake (5 pm - 7 pm) RSVP for this here
Tickets may be purchased at the door for the amount listed above. We accept cash or check. Checks should be made out to BakeSpace, Inc.
TECHmunch Austin will feature an extraordinary lineup of experts in digital media publishing, food journalism, marketing and other key disciplines. Speakers include:
- Ben Huh, Founder & CEO, Cheezburger, Inc. (I Can Has Cheezburger, FAIL Blog)
- Jane Goldman, Editor-in-Chief, Chow.com
- Robert Scoble, Managing Director, Rackspace
- Brian Solis, Author, Engage
- Tanya Edwards, Head of Cooking and Recipes, FoodNetwork.com
- Lee Odden, CEO, TopRank Marketing
- Jeff Houk, Food Editor, Tampa Tribune
- Kat Kinsman, Editor, CNN’s Eatocracy
- Rene Lynch, Assistant Food Editor, Los Angeles Times
- Eric Schwartzman, Author and Host, On the Record…Online
- Sarah Evans, Principal – Sevans Strategy
- Penny De Los Santos, Senior Contributing Photographer, Saveur Magazine
- Rick Bakas, Founder, Bakas Media
We'll be giving away great prizes throughout the three-day event (ask anyone who attended last year!). Each full conference pass holder will also receive a goodie bag with locally produced products handpicked by Whole Foods. A light breakfast (coffee & tea) as well as snacks throughout the day and lunch will be provided for full access pass holders and single day tickets (not party pass holders). For party pass holders only, there will be beverages and appetizers served at the party.
Got a question?
firstname.lastname@example.org or via twitter at @BakeSpace
Interested in becoming a sponsor? Contact us at email@example.com.