Tech Coast Angels: Fast Pitch Competition
Wednesday, February 24, 2010 from 3:00 PM to 9:00 PM (PST)
The legendary Tech Coast Angels (a local investment network providing seed capital to start up business) will be judging new venture ideas in this exciting and high-profile event. This event costs $35. Students registering with this system--while not charged here--will be charged $35.00 at the door.
5th Annual @ UCLA Anderson School of Management
February 24, 2010
3 p.m. - 9 p.m.
Join hundreds of entrepreneurs, investors and others in the Southern California start up ecosystem at the fifth annual Tech Coast Angels Los Angeles Fast Pitch event.
CEOs of twelve early stage companies, chosen from more than 100 applicants, will each have 90 seconds to pitch their company. The panel of judges, who will include Tech Coast Angels members, venture capitalists and other start up experts, will select the winners for Best Presentation, Best Fundability and Best Overall. Fast Pitch winners will be invited to present at a Tech Coast Angels screening session and will be considered for funding.
The keynote speaker for this year’s event will be Steve Streit, CEO of Green Dot. Green Dot, a TCA-funded company, is the leading provider of prepaid financial services in the United States and the owner and operator of the Green Dot Network, the largest cash reloading network in the United States.
The program will also include two panels:
- Getting Funded In Today’s Market -- angel and venture capital investors will discuss the current funding environment for start up companies
- 2010 Start Up Business Climate -- CEOs of Tech Coast Angels portfolio companies will talk about the early stage business climate today versus the last few years
There will also be time for networking with Tech Coast Angels members, venture capitalists and other industry experts after the event over a light dinner, wine and assorted beverages.
Why should you attend?
- Network with more than 400 people from the start up community
- Learn from investors and veteran start up CEOs
- See some of the most promising start up companies in Southern California
- Hear more about the 160+ companies TCA has funded since 1997