Team Larkin Street 2012
Saturday, May 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM - Sunday, July 29, 2012 at 12:00 PM (PDT)
San Francisco, United States
JOIN TEAM LARKIN STREET & TRAIN FOR A HALF MARATHON WHILE SUPPORTING LARKIN STREET YOUTH SERVICES! TRAINING STARTS ON SAT, 5/19/2012 @ 9:30AM!
Larkin Street Youth Services is partnering with Marathon Matt to launch Team Larkin Street 13.1, a half marathon training/fundraising program benefitting Larkin Street Youth Services that culminates with completion of the '2nd' half marathon associated with the San Francisco Marathon.
Start Date: Sat., May.19, 2012 @ 9:30AM
Training: 10 weeks-5/19-7/29, 3 workouts per week
- -Tuesday night run workouts @ 6:30PM launch from the Marina Green Monkey Bars (adjacent to Marina/Webster) OR outside PSOAS Massage+Bodywork @ 333 3rd Street (btwn Folsom & Harrison)
- -Thursday night workouts @ 6:30PM launch from the Marina Green Monkey Bars (adjacent to Marina/Webster) and include '2' options: A bootcamp workout OR a speed oriented workout
- -Saturday morning runs @ 9:30AM launch form the Marina Green Monkey Bars unless specified otherwise in the schedule/newsletter.
- Tuesday PM-Marina Green Monkey Bars (adjacent to Marina/Webster) OR PSOAS (333 3rd Street).
- Thursday PM-Marina Green Monkey Bars (adjacent to Marina/Webster)
- Saturday AM- Marina Green Monkey Bars (adjacent to Marina/Webster) unless specified otherwise in the schedule/newsletter.Some Saturday run workouts will take place in Golden Gate Park, Lake Merced, or Ocean Beach.
Team Larkin Street Perks/Amenities:
- -10% discount at Sports Basement
- -A technical training shirt
- -150+ fun teammates to run with!
- -3 weekly professionally coached run workouts
- -A comprehensive training schedule
- -A twice weekly email newsletter supporting your training and fundraising
- -Social events
- -Your own personalized fundraising webpage and a fundraising strategy workbook
- -Ongoing support from your coach (Marathon Matt) for both your training and fundraising
- -Much more!
Not sure if Team Larkin Street is for you?
Rather than just give you some Yelp testimonials, here are a few video clips that should give you an idea firsthand what it's like training with us!
- Nike Run Reporter, Melissa Freeman, trains for her first half marathon with us!
- Marathon Matt rallies his runners!
- Swimming to glory.
- Preparing to unleash.
- Wildcard workout in full swing.
- Why Run 13.1?
Team Larkin Street 13.1 Participant Details
There is no 'cost' to participate in Team Larkin Street. HOWEVER, participants are asked to commit to raise a minimum of $1300 for Larkin Street Youth Services.
WE DO TAKE YOUR FUNDRAISING COMMITMENT ($1300) SERIOUSLY. WE WILL DO EVERYTHING IN OUR POWER TO HELP YOU REACH/EXCEED THE MINIMUM, BUT IT IS OUR EXPECTATION THAT YOU DO EVERYTHING IN YOUR POWER TO RAISE THE NECESSARY FUNDS. IF YOU ARE NOT COMFORTABLE WITH THIS, PLEASE DO NOT SIGN UP FOR TEAM LARKIN STREET.
SIGN UP TODAY AND YOU CAN START TAKING CARE OF YOUR FUNDRAISING RIGHT AWAY!
When & Where
Marathon Matt has been producing training programs since 2005.
Marathon Matt is firmly committed to providing a world class experience for all program participants.
For client/customer testimonials for Marathon Matt, click the links below for Yelp reviews-