Actions and Detail Panel
Teaching Kindergarten Conference: Where Did the Garden Go?: Practice, Polic...
Fri, Apr 21, 2017, 4:00 PM – Sat, Apr 22, 2017, 4:00 PM EDT
Where Did the Garden Go?
Practice, Policy, and Advocacy
With today's focus on Pre-K and the elementary grades, kindergarten continues to be overlooked by the education community. This two-day conference will address the unique and important role of kindergarten in the educational life of a child and provide inspiring models of learner-centered classrooms that meet the CCSS.
- A Meaningful Kindergarten for ALL children | Dr. Derrick Gay
- What is Happening to our Children’s Garden? Reflections on Kindergarten in a Changing World | Dr. Beverly Falk
- Science Exploration in Kindergarten: Curiosity, Enthusiasm, and a Love of Learning! | Facilitator: Michael Ziemski
- Storytelling/Story Acting: Bringing Vivian Paley’s Methodology into Kindergarten | Facilitator: Suzette Abbott
- Finding the Courage to Bring Kindness and Compassion Back to the Garden | Facilitators: Kelly D’Addona, Laura Morris, and Dr. Cynthia Paris
For a complete list of workshops and descriptions visit bankstreet.edu/kindergartenconference. This conference is for everyone who is invested in kindergarten: classroom teachers, coaches, administrators, graduate students, faculty, and policy makers.