Actions and Detail Panel
Teaching Confidently with the Color Vowel® Chart: An intermediate workshop
Fri, June 30, 2017, 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM EDT
Teaching Confidently with the Color Vowel® Chart: Intermediate Workshop
For educators who have completed our Color Vowel Basics workshop (above), our next-steps workshop will help you develop greater phonological awareness and confidence as you practice essential techniques for the sound-aware language classroom. This 6-hour workshop is appropriate for anyone who has completed our Basics workshop (or its equivalent).
- Review essential concepts including word and phrase stress, vowel quality, and the visual design of the Chart.
- Learn how to teach pronunciation of r-controlled vowels, reduced speech, and vowel-to-vowel linking with the Color Vowel Chart.
- Explore uses of the Chart for teaching grammar, vocabulary, literacy, and spelling.
- Practice teaching with Color Vowel techniques and receive personalized feedback.
- Gain a greater understanding of your own accent, others’ accents, and how the Color Vowel Chart facilitates discussions of accent.
- View and discuss authentic classroom footage to see what the Color Vowel Approach looks like in practice with learners of various ages and levels.
Color Vowel Chart authors Shirley Thompson and Karen Taylor de Caballero deliver this workshop. To learn more about the Color Vowel Chart, visit English Language Training Solutions.