Teaching Confidently with the Color Vowel® Approach
Designed for educators who have completed a Color Vowel Basics workshop, our Intermediate workshop will help you develop greater phonological awareness and master essential techniques for the sound-aware language classroom. This 6-hour workshop is appropriate for English as a Second Language teachers, Speech Language Pathologists, bilingual education teachers, pronunciation coaches, reading specialists, and others who have completed our introductory workshop (or its equivalent).
- Review essential Color Vowel Chart concepts, including word and phrase stress, vowel quality, and the visual design of the chart
- Learn how to teach pronunciation of r-controlled vowels and vowel-to-vowel linking with the Color Vowel Chart
- Explore uses of the Color Vowel Chart for teaching grammar, vocabulary, and spelling
- Practice using Color Vowel techniques and receive personalized feedback
- Gain a greater understanding of your own accent, others’ accents, and how the Color Vowel Chart facilitates discussions of accent
- Receive a training packet and an instructional kazoo.
- Note: Registration fee does not include The Color Vowel Approach, which you should already have from a past introductory workshop. If you don't yet own The Color Vowel Approach, please purchase your copy through our online shop prior to this workshop.
Learn more about us and the Color Vowel Chart on our website at English Language Training Solutions.