UCF Morgridge International Reading Center
Teaching Beyond the Core 2017 Workshop Series
The Common Core State Standards provide a consistent, clear understanding for teachers of what students are expected to learn for success in college and career. Providing young students with the knowledge and skills necessary, we prepare them for a successful future in the real world. Teaching Beyond the Core, 2017 Series turns the language of the Core Standards into explicit teaching prompts to meet the needs of students, focused on teaching in three areas: text complexity, close reading, and writing instruction.
2017 Series Workshops:
- Instructing literacy learners in assembling effective processing system, K-12 - January 26, 2017
- Employing diverse texts to scaffold customized instruction, K-12 - February 28, 2017
- Constructing a collaborative learning environment, K-12 - March 30, 2017
$175 per participant per workshop includes:
- Professional learning materials
- Continental breakfast
- UCF parking
- Certificate of participation
Send 4 people from the same district for the price of 3. One registration fee of $525 will be needed.
Registrations, though nonrefundable, are transferable.