Student Journey to Volunteer at the foothills of the Himalayas in India
With this mystical journey to India you will teach English to Tibetan exiles, learn about an ancient culture plus develop your own personal brand identity and future vision.
At Streetschool we specialize in developing people through unique practical experiences and believe we only change if we discover something for ourselves. We combine volunteer work with group coaching to help young people discover their inner dreams and vision.
Tour dates: 15 to 25 April 2017
Community work: We will work directly with the Tibetan refugee community in Dharamsala and this program is coordinated through the South African Office of the Tibetan People. You will teach English to Tibetan Monks and young adults from India, Nepal, Mongolia and Bhutan.
In addition to having tea with a monk you will:
- Teach English to Tibetan monks
- Meet ex political prisoners who escaped from China
- Visit the temple of the Dalai Lama
- Meet Students for Free Tibet
- Meet Tibetan government officials
- Teach kids at the Tibetan Children Village schools
- Attend lectures on philosophy
- Develop your own printed photo journal
- Do workshop on personal branding and identity
Personal Coaching: Ten life-coaching sessions will be scheduled before, during and after the trip. This will ensure everyone knows what to expect from the journey and open up dialogue for personal growth. We discuss themes such as career choices, personal vision, personal identity & branding, making tough decisions, becoming more confident and finding happiness. A visit to the magical Taj Mahal and Golden Temple will end this powerful, mystical experience.
Cost per person: USD1,800pp sharing
- All domestic flights in India
- All hotel accommodation and 3 restaurant meals per day
- All transportation costs in India
- All coaching sessions in India
- Constant supervision in India
- All volunteer program costs in India
- Orientation about local life and customs
- Tour to the Taj Mahal and Golden Temple
- Personal Coaching: Ten life-coaching sessions will be scheduled during the trip.
We discuss themes such as career choices, personal vision, personal identity & branding, making tough decisions, becoming more confident and finding happiness.