Who this is suitable for:
This course is suitable for all teaching staf, those in charge of T and L, middle and senior leaders.
TBQ (the big question) takes evidence of excellence in deep learning to form a concept that uses investigation and questioning as the key driver for the learning journey.
TBQ turns lesson planning on its head, employing a system that focuses explicitly on progress, empowering students to construct their own learning journey, their destination clear from the start with key signposts they can recognise along the way.
TBQ shifts teaching to learning. When combining the learning outcome and activity, a TBQ is posed that allows students to form and sca old their own success criteria. When executed e ectively, this removes the need for teacher heavy tick boxes which can inaccurately represent students’ learning.
TBQ is not a gimmick - it is a concept that reduces teacher workload, makes marking make sense and has proven outstanding impact upon progress.
Outcomes for Delegates:
• Consistency of approach to Teaching and Learning across the school
• How to engage students actively from the start of the lesson
• Eliminating low level disruption
• Reducing teacher planning – working smarter not harder
• Improving quality questioning
• Outlining the learning journey
• Dealing with pace and pitch of a lesson
• Taking the talk out of teacher talk and utilise the football of learning
• Learning spaces to develop e ective and differentiated note taking for students of all ages from EYFS to Y13
Leicestershire - Tuesday 17th January 2017
Nottinghamshire - Tuesday 25th April 2017
Leicestershire - Tuesday 4th July 2017
Derbyshire - Tuesday 19th September 2017
All courses support the principles of the new Teachers Professional Development Standards and most recent OFSTED framework
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
For further information about all of our courses and bespoke services contact Claire:
Telephone: 0115 9648204
Or visit our website: www.cgrassociates.com