We’ll give you the medical school experience! Our themed, interactive courses, passionately delivered by doctors and medical students, cater for secondary school students of all ages. We will give you a real taste of what studying medicine entails, and hopefully inspire a passion for what is a fascinating and rewarding subject!
We offer two seperate themed days - Future Physicians and Budding Doctors. Each day will include practicals, experiments, videos and lots of fun!
- The importance of taking a good history
- Empathy and good communication
- Practice taking histories from our professional patient actors!
- The heart – what does it do, and what can go wrong?
- Learn how to examine a patient’s heart with a stethoscope!
- The brain – medicine’s mystery…
- Diseases of the brain
- Learn about the most common surgical emergencies
- Suturing: its purpose and the different types of suture
- Practice your own suturing skills with real surgical sutures!
- Basic first aid - how to approach the sick patient
- Learn how to perform CPR
- Surgical scenarioes - work as a team to solve some of the most common surgical problems!
- Learn how to take blood and practise on our models (the same ones used to train doctors).
For more information and to register please visit: www.tastemedicine.com or register on eventbrite website :)