What is Taste of DC?
Experience more than 60 DC area restaurants over two days on historic Pennsylvania Avenue between the White House and the US Capitol. Taste of DC also features more than 100 specialty beers & wines, all day live performances & culinary demonstrations on three stages, and new this year- exclusive Tastemaker and Tastemaker Plus premium ticket options.
Saturday, October 8 from 1pm to 8pm
Sunday, October 9 from 11am to 6pm
Pennsylvania Ave NW
Walking distance from Judiciary Square and Archives/Navy Mem'l stops on the Metro.
4 Ways To Buy- Tickets to Taste of DC 2016
This year Taste of DC is offering 4 different ticketing options for patrons to choose from. Each price level builds upon the level before it, starting at General Admission and leading to the ultimate VIP experience- our VIP Tastemaker Plus programming! Here's the dish on each ticket available at this year's event.
General Admission Tickets include:
- Admission to the festival
- One drink voucher for a beverage in Restaurant Row, the Bier Garten or Wine Walk
- A $10 voucher valid at all Capital Restaurant Concept Ltd. locations, which include J-Pauls, Paolo's Ristorante, Neyla Mediterranean Bistro, Old Glory Bar-B-Que and Georgia Brown's
- Ability to purchase tastings from more than 60 restaurants in Restaurant Row
- All-day entertainment at the Main Stage and Beats & Eats Stage
- Cooking demonstrations at the Culinary Stage
Drink Lovers Tickets include everything General Admission tickets offer, plus:
- Sample all of your favorite beverages in your new commemorative Taste of DC 2016 cup
- $25 worth of beverage tickets, redeemable in the Bier Garten, Wine Walk or Beverage Pods
VIP Tastemaker Tickets include everything Drink Lovers tickets offer, plus:
- Private festival entrance courtesy of MGM National Harbor
- Lounge seating for you and your friends
- Exclusive access to the Specialty Cocktail corner bar, featuring the region's best mixologists
- Luxurious Illy coffee drinks
VIP Tastemaker Plus Tickets include everything VIP Tastemaker tickets offer, plus:
Your choice of one of five curated, expert-led hour-long programs that pair wine, beer, and spirits with high end comestibles. Only 100 seats per session are available, so secure your spot before it gets gobbled up. Details on the topic for each program are below.
For The Ultimate Foodie:
Buy VIP Tastemaker Plus and Choose From 5 Behind The Scenes Sessions!
This year Taste of DC introduces the newest and most exclusive ticketing package to our guests- the Tastemaker Plus Ticket. Here's a sample of each Tastemaker Plus session. Choose yours today to get on the hottest guest list in town.
Women of Washington
Join local craftswomen who busted through the boys club to learn where the food and spirits industry is heading. Listen to a local female distiller, bartender and chef spill the secrets behind their burgeoning businesses, and be blown away by the ambrosial flavors infused into their signature fare.
Session Time: 2pm-3pm Saturday Oct. 8
Sip Skyy vodka and savor oysters paired to entice your palate. Under the guidance of a mixologist, learn how cocktails can complement the ocean’s aphrodisiac and bring out its flavorful notes. By the end of this mini mollusk masterclass, you’re sure to be in high spirits.
Session Time: 4pm-5pm Saturday Oct. 8
50 Shades of Rosé
Give in to temptation and feast upon a decadent spread of mouth-watering aphrodisiacs. Irresistible couplings of oysters, chocolate and a crisp flirty rose make for the perfect romantic pregame that will bring pleasure to both couples and singles alike. We’ll arouse your senses — what happens next is up to you.
Session Time: 6pm-7pm Saturday Oct. 8
Throw down for an all American bash of beer and BBQ in the heart of the Nation’s capital. Gather your crew to go whole hog with a local smokehouse and enjoy local brews while watching grill masters prep and cook an entire pig in a barbecue lover’s paradise.
Session Time: 1pm-2pm Sunday Oct. 9
International Flair: Taste of New Zealand
Discover the taste of New Zealand through a guided tour with a gastronomical emissary. Sample wines from the Gibbston Valley’s lush countryside matched with traditional Kiwi cuisine, and tantalize your taste buds with an array of flavors only the Southern Hemisphere can provide.
Session Time: 3pm-4pm Sunday Oct. 9