Sponsored by Macy*s:
First, Second, Third & Fourth Saturdays at 11am (Arrive by 10:45am) (The Delray, Boynton, Lake Worth Lantana Tours Culinary tours are 3 to 4 hours. The Northwood/West Palm Beach/Lake Worth Tour is 3 to 5 hours. (The tour consists of bus riding and may include 4 to 6 blocks of walking)
The culinary tours are held year-round
Dietary Restrictions Cannot be Accommodated
Dietary Substitutions Cannot be Provided
2016 Taste History Dates:
Contact information: 561-243-2662 or 561-638-8277 or e-mail: Tour@TasteHistoryCulinaryTours.org. The web address is tastehistoryculinarytours.org
About the Taste History Culinary Tours:
Taste History is an enjoyable culinary cultural daytrip that is three to four-hours and may include a combination of bus tour and 4 to 6 blocks of walking tour conducted by the Museum of Lifestyle & Fashion History (MLFH). MLFH is a non-profit cultural charity. Sponsors include Macy's, Kingston Fresh, Iris Apfel, Patricia Ann Ravo Fund and Boris & Edith Rueger Fund. The tours are offered year-round on the first, second, third and fourth Saturdays. Plus, private group tours are offered.
The tours travel by bus and foot to restaurants, cultural sites located in historic areas and historic buildings. Taste History includes food sampling and learning about food culture, food history and foodways. Some cuisines may be culturally-specific. The tour features bakeries, Floribbean cuisine and New Fusion cuisine. The foods may consist of beef, pork, poulty, seafood and pastries. Alternate food choices are not available. For logistically reasons, we're unable to accept individual food orders. It is a tasting tour and not a sit-down luncheon but the food portions are hearty. Florida history is narrated by a guide. Taste History is an Official Community Event Partner of Viva Florida.
Each tour features at least 3 to 4 eateries per tour where food tasting is provided of that restaurant's cuisine along with food history, food culture and foodways infused with facts about the historic building and/or district where the bakery or eatery is located Each tour is different and never an exact duplication of previous tours hosted.
On Taste History, you will meet the restaurant owners and chefs; or directors or artists of the emerging art galleries and cultural centers visited on the tour.
In addition to visits to bakeries and restaurants, some food tasting experiences include Farmer's Markets, Urban Farms and Ethnic Street Vendors
History information about historic neighborhoods, districts and buildings are narrated during the tour infused with food tastings, food history, food culture and foodways.
Learn enlightening history about the State of Florida, Palm Beach County, Delray Beach, Boynton Beach, Lake Worth, Lantana and West Palm Beach (various districts)
To view photos of the tour, visit Taste History's social media sites:
Like Taste History on Facebook:
Follow Taste History on Twitter:
Join Taste History on Pinterest:
All tours start by bus at the Boynton Beach Mall (outside at Macy's-East Entrance) in Boynton Beach, FL. Passengers are transported by bus for the walking component of the tour. History information is narrated by a live guide for the entire duration of the tour.
The culinary tours are smaller capacity tours so that the visits to the eateries are manageable. The average tour size ranges from 15 to 20 people.
Contact information: 561-243-2662 or 561-638-8277
Effective February 1, 2015, $45 per person and for children age 14 and over is the new rate for the tours traveling to Delray Beach, Boynton Beach, Lake Worth and Lantana. The new rate for the West Palm Beach tour is $50 per person and children age 14 and over. Tours are free for children under age 14 (children must be accompanied by a paid adult family member). Pre-payment is required. Due to the increase in fees that are charged to our organization for the tour bus rental and insurance; an increase in our tour fees is necessary. Pre-paid reservations that have been made prior to that date will not be affected. Taste History is a non-profit educational organization. Fees are inclusive of all food and visits to cultural centers and art galleries.
For private tour rates, go to the following link:
The Taste History Culinary Tour cannot accommodate dietary restrictions. Dietary substitutions cannot be provided. Cut and paste the following link into your browser for the Food & Drug Administration Facts about Food Allergies and Symptoms.
What you need to know, What you need to wear and What you need to bring:
1. These Culinary tours are at least three-hours to five hours with a live guide and are a combination of bus riding and walking.
2. Eat breakfast and drink at least 8oz of fluid before you arrive for the tour
3. Tours take place rain or shine. We suggest that you check the local weather report too.
4. For most of the tours, there is about 4 to 6 blocks of walking therefore, dress comfortably, wear comfortable shoes and bring an umbrella
5. Wear sunscreen, and bring a hat
6. Because of the walking, it is recommended that you bring bottled water and a small cooler with an ice-pack
7. Tickets are non-refundable
Restaurants Visited & Food Served for Culinary Tour:
1. At least three to four local and family-owned restaurants /eateries are visited per tour for the Culinary Tour plus visits to historical sites or art galleries.
2. The food menu is served at the discretion of the restaurant. Taste History is not responsible for the content of the food. Some foods may be culturally-specific. Taste History also features the history and culture of the origins of foods and cuisines therefore the tour features Floribbean cuisine which consists of meats, beef, pork, poultry and fish; New Fusion cuisine with meats, beef, pork, poultry and seafood; and pastries at bakeries. We are logistically unable to take individual food orders. Alternate food choices are not available. Dietary restrictions cannot be accommodated. There are no dietary substitutions. Go here to more information about the types of restaurants visited and foods served.
3. The food servings are samplings and tasting of the restaurants' cuisine along with food history, food culture and foodways information. Some eating experiences are STANDING-only. Taste History is a food tasting tour with some sitting but it is not a sit-down luncheon but the food portions are hearty and most people are full by the end the tour.
4. Tour guests are welcome to leave a gratuity at the eateries visited
5. The Culinary tour visits bakeries and eateries on a rotating cycle per tour that may be located inside a historic building and/or district, area, neighborhood, etc. The tour is narrated and includes narrated local and regional history about historic areas, landmarks and people along the travel route to the eatery. Florida history is narrated by a guide.
6. Restaurants visited are located in Downtown Delray Beach, Pineapple Grove Arts District, West Settlers, Downtown Boynton Beach and Downtown Lake Worth, Arts District in Boynton Beach, Downtown Lantana and West Palm Beach (Various Districts), to name a few.
To purchase Gift Certificates for the Taste History Culinary Tours go to the following link:
Sign-up and subscribe to FOLLOW the BLOG for Taste History Culianary Tours
Here is the link:
LIKE on Facebook the Taste History Culinary Tours
Here is the link:
Here is the Link for the Museum's website for the
Taste History™ Culinary Tours:
Call: 561-243-2662 or 561-638-8277
Go the following link for Gift Certificates
"Taste History Culinary Tours: Dive into Palm Beach's Food Scene" - USA Today 10 Best
The global news agency, The Culture Trip, has selected Taste Historyas one of the
Best Food Events in the State of Florida.
Taste History is "one of the established food tours in Florida" - Huffington Post
Taste History is Ranked # 7 by Tripbuzz out of 118 nearby activities
“Food tours are a fun way to experience any new city. The best tour provider...is Taste History Culinary Tours of Historic Palm Beach County. Food and beverages are included in all tour
"...exceptional...wonderfully educational and tasty tour..."
Discover the Palm Beaches (Palm Beach County’s Tourism Bureau)
"Top things to do" The Palm Beach Post (June 19, 2014)
“Approved” designation by Tasting Table
"Staycation" recommendation from the Miami Herald (May 11, 2013)
"History has never been so delicious...Taste History Culinary Tours in Palm Beach County gives you a cultural tour that’s punctuated with tastings from the area’s must-try restaurants, bakeries, and food stands..."Florida Travel + Life Magazine ( July 17, 2013)
"...restaurant-centric historical tour..." The Palm Beach Daily's The Dish (October 30, 2012)
"Delicious History Lesson..." New Times Broward Palm Beach (2012)
"Soak up food, culture and history on a culinary tour" Sun-Sentinel (November 27, 2012)
"Recipe of history, food make first culinary tour a success" Sun-Sentinel (October 26, 2011)
About Taste History Culinary Tours:
Taste History is a culinary cultural daytrip that incorporates a rotation of cuisine tastings representing varied cultures that are African American, Southern American, Brazilian, Caribbean, Greco-Roman, Italian, English, French, French Canadian, Irish, Australian, New Zealand, Hungarian, Turkish and Ancient Mexican along with farm-to-table and organic tastings. Taste History combines history, culture and cuisine therefore this gastronomy tour infuses food tastings with the history of the local area along with rotational visits to cultural districts, historic buildings or art galleries.
Taste History is a three-hour to four-hour foodcentric narrated excursion of bus riding and four to six blocks of walking through historic districts for alternate visits to eateries, markets, and an urban farm for food history, food culture facts, foodways information and food tastings. At least three to four local and family-owned eateries are visited per Taste History tour along with trips to historic buildings, cultural centers or art galleries. The tours are held on the first, second, third and fourth Saturdays of each month, year-round at 11am with visits to historic Northwood Village/West Palm Beach; Lake Worth & Lantana; and Delray Beach & Boynton Beach, Florida. All tours are 3 to 4 hours and the Northwood Village/West Palm Beach tour is 3 to 5 hours.
Each tour is different and never an exact duplication of previous tours hosted with a focus on local and family-owned eateries and eateries that may be off-the-beaten path.
The following is the link for the blogs about Taste History:
Here's the link for the news stories about Taste History:
Click the following link for the types of foods tasted on the tour:
Follow Taste History on TWITTER at Culinary Tour @TasteHistory https://twitter.com/TasteHistory
Taste History is sponsored, in part, by Macy’s. Sponsorship opportunities are still available. Additional support for Taste History has been received from bequests from the late Patricia Ann Ravo and the late Boris & Edith Rueger.
$45 per person (new rate effective February 1, 2015 due to increases in bus rental fees and insurance); $50 per person for West Palm Beach culinary tour. Free for children under age 14. Children age 14 and over must pay regular price. Children must be accompanied by a paid adult family member. Pre-payment required. Tickets can be purchased on-line at tastehistoryculinarytours.blogspot.com. Call 561-638-8277 or 561-243-2662 or E-mail email@example.com. Private group tours are also available at special rates.
Taste History cannot accommodate dietary restrictions. There are no dietary substitutions.
Part of the mission of Taste History is to celebrate food culture therefore some cuisines may be culturally-specific.
Some eating experiences are STANDING-only.
Taste History is a food tasting tour, with art and history combined, and although there is some sitting it's not a sit-down luncheon but many of the food portions are hearty.
The food tours board at Macy's (Outside at the East Entrance) located at 801 N. Congress Avenue, Boynton Beach, FL
Pre-payment is required.
In order to purchase these tickets in installments, you'll need an Eventbrite account. Log in or sign up for a free account to continue.