San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Taoist Golden Path Workshop in Iceland
October 13th to 19th, 2016
To be on your Golden Path is to have creative and spiritual purpose in your life.
The seven-day GOLDEN PATH WORKSHOP in Iceland is designed for the person who wants to find, nurture, and live their life with true creative and spiritual purpose. And it is for healthcare professionals who want a new tool to help their clients and patients do the same. The workshop is very interactive, giving each participant much personal time and attention from the instructors and fellow participants.
When you live your life with true purpose — when you are on your Golden Path — you
- live your life with an integrated mind, body, and spirit connection
- attract and maintain your healthiest and most supportive intimate relationships
- seek the healthy support you need from family, friends, community, and business relationships
- create business and work choices that reflect your life’s purpose
- naturally harmonize your environment
The workshop will help you to find your Golden Path, to stay on it, and to fully live it. You will learn how vital it is to follow your own Path, and to let and help others find and live theirs. Find out how ignoring your life’s purpose affects your mind, body, and spirit.
Discover your Taoist Five Element personality type and how each Element has traits that can help or hinder your choices and lifestyle — and most importantly, how to use those traits to live your best, most productive, and satisfying life.
You will learn that certain facial lines and facial features reveal where you are on your Golden Path, and how to best use the strengths associated with your true nature, and how to change your inherent challenges into gifts.
Our lives have at least five Taoist Life Cycles and each cycle has innate changes and challenges that affect our lives, providing opportunities to live our creative and spiritual lives to the fullest. Discover how each Cycle has determined your choices, and how to use the gifts of your present and future Cycles to stay on your Golden Path.
About Patrician McCarthy
Patrician is the first Mien Shiang (Chinese Facial Diagnosis) expert to translate the ancient science of Mien Shiang for the mainstream American public. She founded The Mien Shiang Institute to teach the Taoist technique of Medical Facial Diagnosis, Wu Xing (the Five Element philosophy), and Face Reading. She created the first university Certificate Program on these teachings in the United States. She has served on the faculties of Yo San University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Los Angeles, and Emperor’s College of Oriental Medicine in Santa Monica, California.
For nearly thirty years Patrician has applied the power of this discipline to the modern world. Through her private practice she has studied thousands of faces and told their owners the most intricate and personal details of their minds, emotions, health, and spirit. Her workshops have helped many to discover their life’s passion, find their right partner, resolve conflicts, and much more. Patrician has applied the practice of Mien Shiang to many professional fields. She brought it to Fortune 500 companies such as Google, Nivea, Mattel, KPMG, Old Navy, Gap and Proctor & Gamble. These workshops show executives and creative teams how to improve working relationships using Mien Shiang and the Taoist Five Elements, and have resulted in phenomenal personal, team, and company growth.
About Henry Jun Wah Lee, L.Ac.
Henry is a licensed acupuncturist and physician of Chinese Medicine. In addition to his clinical practice, he has studied and taught Medical Qigong for 15 years under Grandmaster Hong Liu, a living treasure in China and Hawaii. Henry is also an award winning nature filmmaker and photographer who is intimately familiar with Iceland. His work has been featured by Iceland Air, National Geographic, NPR, the BBC, the United Nations, the European Union, Great Britian, MSN, Yahoo, Gizmodo, Canon, LG and Samsung. Henry combines Chinese Medicine, Medical Qigong and nature in his holistic practice as well as his art. His films about Iceland’s breathtaking landscapes are extraordinarily beautiful and have been viewed by millions worldwide.
The workshop is a mixture of indoor and outdoor learning, as well as outings into nature to experience the intimate connection between us and nature first hand.
Here's what a typical day looks like during the workshop:*
- Meditation at sunrise surrounded by spectacular mountains, waterfalls, streams and glaciers.
- Icelandic breakfast overlooking the Vatnajökull glacier, the second largest glacier in Europe.
- A interactive morning session of learning. Our sessions may be indoors or outdoors at one of many breathtaking locations nearby.
- A 3 hour break for lunch and exploration in nature.
- An afternoon session of learning. Indoors or outdoors.
- Watching a beautiful sunset over the Icelandic mountains.
- A locally prepared dinner on the farm.
- A trip to see the Northern Lights after dark.
Other activities may include*:
- exploring world-famous and breathtaking locations such as Jokulsarlon Glacier Lagoon, Diamond Beach with black sand and beached icebergs, Vatnajökull glacier, and the Western Horn by Stokksnes
- tasting fabulous local Icelandic cuisine with the best tasting tap water and butter in the world.
- experiencing the magic of the Northern Lights and extremely dark skies.
- meeting the friendly locals — Iceland farmers, free range sheep, beautiful Icelandic horses, wild reindeer, and migratory birds.
*Weather and conditions permitting. Subject to Mother Nature.
Date and Time:
- Workshop begins the morning of October 13th and concludes the afternoon of October 19th.
- All participants must arrive in Iceland no later than the morning of October 13th. Most flights from North America via Iceland Air arrive early in the morning. We will pick you up directly from the airport or, if you arrived earlier, we can pick you up from your hotel.
- Our workshop concludes on October 19th and we will arrive in time for afternoon flights departing back to the U.S. Most Iceland Air flights depart between 3pm and 5pm. If you plan to stay longer in Iceland or have other flight plans, we can drop you off at your hotel that day.
- Iceland is on Greenwich Mean Time. In October, they are 7 hours ahead of Pacfiic Time and 4 hours ahead of Eastern Time.
The workshop will take place on a beautiful farm in Southeastern Iceland with amazing views of nature. Despite its name, Iceland is actually very green. Due to the gulf stream, Iceland enjoys a milder climate than New York or Boston. Typical temperatures in October are highs in the low 50s and lows in the mid to high 30s.
- Private Scandinavian-style modern rooms on the farm with free wifi Internet access.
- Vatnajokull glacier overlooks the farm and is a hike away.
- Natural hot springs on the property with pools set up for a nice soak while taking in the scenery or watching Northern Lights.
- Short drive from the Hofn airport and the coastal town of Hofn.
- Scenic locations such as the world famous Jokulsarlon Glacier lagoon, Diamond beach, Vatnajokull Glacier, and Stokksnes are all within a 40 minute drive away.
Getting here and away:
All international flights into Iceland will arrive at Keflavik airport near the capital of Reykjavik. Direct flights from Seattle and Denver take under 8 hours. Flights from Boston and New York are under 6 hours. Iceland Air offers daily flights from across the US at reasonable prices.
What You’ll Need to Bring
- Pen and paper to take notes. Or a computer/ipad. We will have handouts as well.
- Cool and cold weather clothes. Typical weather during this time will range from the low 50s/high 40s during the day to the mid to high 30s at night. We recommend dressing in layers including: a quick drying base layer such as a wool or polyester t-shirt, sweater/fleece, down sweater/jacket, and a waterproof outer layer. This will allow you to shed or add layers for a wide range of activities.
- Light and comfortable hiking shoes. Waterproof is recommended but nothing too heavy duty is necessary.
- Gloves and hat.
- Water bottle.
- Yoga mat.
- Flashlight. A headlamp with a red light option is recommended for seeing northern lights.
- A camera with tripod if you want to take some night photos.
- Bathing suit if you want to enjoy dipping in the hot springs.
- Early registration pricing is $3995. You must register and make the initial $500 deposit by June 15th to take advantage of this pricing.
- After June 15th, the regular price becomes $4295
- Workshop has very limited spaces available so register early to guarantee your spot.
- 25 CEUs/PDAs are available to licensed acupuncturists for an additional fee of $250.
- Private Room with Private Bath for 7 days and 6 nights
- All meals during the workshop (alcohol is extra)
- Airport pickup and drop-off (or from/to your hotel in Reykjavik)
- Transportation for all scheduled group outings into nature.
The workshop fee does not include international airfare to and from Iceland.
- $500 nonrefundable deposit is due upon registration. This will guarantee your spot in the workshop.
- For early registration discount, the remaining balance must be paid by July 1st.
- Full refund minus the $500 nonrefundable deposit is possible until August 1st
- Between August 1st and September 1st, we can provide a 50% refund.
- There are no refunds after September 1st unless you can find someone else to take your spot in the workshop.
- We recommend purchasing travel and health insurance to cover you from unexpected events.
Please contact Evosia at 213-878-4885 with any questions. You may also email email@example.com. 25 CEUs pending by the California Acupuncture Board. 25 PDAs pending by NCCAOM.
When & Where
Henry Jun Wah Lee
Henry Jun Wah Lee is an internationally-recognized filmmaker and photographer. He is also a practicing Physician of Traditional Chinese Medicine based in Los Angeles.
Henry's passions for art, nature and medicine come from his belief that the healing powers of nature can rejuvenate the body, relax the mind, open the heart and free the spirit.
His work has appeared worldwide on television and film. They have also been featured on Yahoo, MSN, AOL, The Weather Channel, Gizmodo, Mashable, Petapixel, io9, NPR, Pitchfork, Huffington Post, Slate, LA TImes, The Atlantic, and more.
Henry's clients include Sigur Ros, Mono, BBC, PBS, Epson, Panasonic, SmugMug, Japan Railroad Company, the British Government and the European Union.