Tallgrass Filmmaker Lab: Project Nano Screenplay Submission
Friday, March 1, 2013; ends at 11:55 PM (CST)
Please complete registration form and email all screenplays in PDF form to Projectnano@tallgrassfilmfest.com.
Submission fee is $10 for up to 3 short screenplays/writer.
*See below for FINE PRINT, RULES AND REGULATIONS.
Tallgrass Filmmakers Lab Announces Call for Short Screenplays for “Project Nano”
Tallgrass Filmmakers Lab kicks off 2013 with Project Nano, a five-week film production class where students will learn the process of moviemaking from script to screen under the mentorship of working industry professionals to create a 6-minute short film. The class will take place on Saturdays from April 6 – May 4, and is sponsored by the Digital Arts Studio at CityArts.
In conjunction with Project Nano, TFA is holding an open call for short screenplays. The screenplay competition is open to screenwriters from all around the world. The final script will be selected the workshop’s instructors and be produced by the film class. The screenwriter(s) will retain sole writing credit of the produced film. Screenplays may be submitted by clicking here, and will be accepted from December 11 – March 1. Screenplays must be six pages or less. Submission fee is $10 for up to 3 screenplays per writer. (See below for official rules and fine print.)
“Short films are truly a wonderful art form. To be able to convey an original story, or idea, in under ten minutes, and to produce it on a shoestring budget is a great feat,” said TFA Executive Director Lela Meadow-Conner. “We’re excited to receive original content, hopefully from around the world, that we can then produce on a nano-budget here in Wichita.”
Tallgrass Filmmaker Lab’s Project Nano workshop is open to students of all ages and at all levels of filmmaking. Registration is $125 GA or $100 for students/seniors/TFA members and past City Arts Digital Filmmaking Lab students. Pre-registration is required and students must sign up no later than March 29, 2013. TFA and the Digital Arts Studio at CityArts are excited to collaborate on an independent filmmaking venture, connecting a group of creative’s who are passionate about filmmaking and helping to build the future of filmmaking in Wichita. More information about the class will be announced in the coming weeks.
*SCREENPLAY COMPETITION FINE PRINT:
- Submitted scripts must be original screenplays in proper screenplay format and the sole property of the applicant(s)
- Screenwriter(s) will receive sole screenwriting credit in finished film
- All ages are eligible
- All entries must be in English and 6 pages or less. Absolutely no exceptions.
- A complete entry includes a single copy of a script in PDF format and an entry fee. Once submitted, the screenwriter(s) agree to all terms and conditions.
- All entries must be emailed PDF format to: Projectnano@tallgrassfilmfest.com
- All entries must be received between Dec. 11 - March 1. No exceptions. Winning Screenplay will be notified by 3/15/13
- Applicants may submit up to 3 scripts for each $10 entry fee
- Under absolutely no circumstances will substitutions of either corrected pages or new drafts of te entry screenplay(s) be made.
- If a submitted screenplay becomes option, purchased of produced between the time of submission and the end of judging period, that screenplay will no longer be eligible.
- Screenplays that have previously won any screenplay contest, competition or award of any kind are not eligible.
- Screenplays submitted under a pen name will be immediately disqualified.
- Screenplay titles cannot be changed upon resubmission under any circumstances.
- Screenplays remain the property of the applicants but the final created film and footage is the property of Tallgrass Film Association to be used for screening and promotion exclusively.
- Each student/crew who helps create the final film, as well as the screenwriter, is entitled to a digital copy of the final created film but may not use it for public exhibition, commercial purposes or personal financial gain.
- Producers reserve the right to alter the screenplay as necessary to meet budgetary and creative constraints.
- Once the final screenplay is selected for production, the rights are immediately transferred to Tallgrass Film Association for a period of one year.
- There will be no monetary compensation for winning screenplay.
Tallgrass Film Association
Founded in 2003, Tallgrass Film Association fosters an appreciation of the cinematic arts by creating shared experiences around the international medium of film.