Tallahassee Open/2nd Annual Robert L. Froemke Memorial Chess Tournament
May 25-27 or 26-27, 2012
$500 Guaranteed First Place
All other prizes 70% guaranteed
Event information and advance registration is available online at http://RLF2012.eventbrite.com. Online advance registration ends at midnight May 22nd.
View/print the Tournament Announcement and Registration Form in PDF format.
WHEN: May 25-27 or 26-27, 2012
Hotels within walking distance to tournament:
- Hotel Duval (2 blocks walking distance)
- website: http://hotelduval.com/
- phone: (850) 224-6000
- Aloft Downtown Tallahassee (4 blocks walking distance)
- website: http://www.alofttallahassee.com/
- phone: (850) 513-0313
- DoubleTree by Hilton (6 blocks walking distance)
- website: http://doubletree.com
- phone: (850) 224-5000
- $500-250-125 U1600:$200-100-50
- Top prize of $500 is 100% guaranteed.
- All other prizes 70% guaranteed.
- More entries will result in higher prizes.
- Only one prize per player.
- 1/2 point bye any round, must notify TD before start of round 2.
- 1 Section: Open
- 5 Round Swiss
- G/120 (1st round 2-day option is G/90).
- Delay clocks preferred (Bronstein delay or Fischer add acceptable).
- 3-day and 2-day options
- This is a USCF-rated tournament. Bring your own chess set and clock.
- No smoking, No computers, Wheelchair Access
- 3-day: $66, 2-day: $65
- $10 advance entry discount, additional $5 discount for Tallahassee Chess Club members.
- Free entry to any player rated 2200+ USCF/ FIDE (higher of the two ratings used; $50 deducted from any prize money; must pre-register by mail/phone or online for free entry).
- $25 Re-entry available.
- Mailed entries must be received by May 22, 2011.
- Online registration is available at http://RLF2012.eventbrite.com and ends at midnight May 22nd.
- Online: http://RLF12.eventbrite.com
- Onsite: Friday 6-6:30pm, Saturday 8-8:30am
- 7 pm (1st round for 3-day option)
- 9 am (1st round for 2-day option, G/90)
- 2 pm (2nd round; 3-day & 2-day merge)
- 7 pm (3rd round)
- 9 am (4th round)
- 2 pm (5th and final round)
DIRECT QUESTIONS TO CHIEF TD:
phone: (850) 345-7838
Please visit our website at http://TallahasseeChess.com for complete tournament information.
All Players must have proof of their USCF membership. New/renewal of USCF memberships will be available at the tournament, but you should arrive early to fill out the paperwork (bring some form of identification). You may also join/renew your USCF membership online at www.uschess.org before the tournament.
When & Where
Tallahassee Chess Club
You are welcomed to join us no matter your playing strength or age. There are a wide range of players from beginners to masters, young and old. We are here to have fun and help you get better .
If you have a chess set and clock, please bring it with you. If not, there will likely be other players that do.
We are always looking for new members. Send us an email or just stop by.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for details.