This session is for College of Charleston faculty only.
There are more tools in OAKS then just Content and Gradebook!
This session is designed to provide Instructors whom already possess a solid grasp of the OAKS environment with tools to further enhance their course. We will talk about the pedagogical use of the tools and learn how to get started using them.
Topics and tools to be demonstrated in the session include:
- Creating a more personalized learning environment for your students using Replacement Strings and Intelligent Agents
- Adding multimedia using Insert Stuff and Voicethread
- Course Design with customized widgets, homepages, Crosslisting, Copying Components and Release Conditions
- Effective ways to communicate with your students with News and Notifications
- Monitoring student progress with User Progress
- Assessing students with Rubrics tool and Dropbox
To participate you will need to have an understanding of OAKS basic tools such as Content, News and Gradebook.
Laptops are provided, but you are welcome to bring your own.