Actions and Detail Panel
Take Control of Your Letters of Credit and Incoterms
Mon, May 15, 2017, 8:30 AM – Tue, May 16, 2017, 5:00 PM PDT
Learn indispensable tools, techniques and practical knowledge necessary to utilize export trade finance tools in this 2-day seminar.
Attendees will gain a clearer understanding of how to:
- utilize payment and financing tools such as letters of credit and collections;
- offer competitive payment terms and still be paid promptly after shipment;
- protect your company from the risks of international trade; and
- create win-win relationships with your international customers that increase international sales without additional cost, risk or delays in payment.
- The 20 Critical Do's and Don'ts of Letters of Credit
- Effectively negotiate contract and payment arrangements with your buyers
- Use LCs effectively for prompt payment
- Make banks work for you, not against you
- Reduce costs by properly negotiating payment arrangements
- Reduce your DSO and improve cash flow
- Prevent discrepancies on your LC documents
- Reduce your frustrations and aggravation in getting paid
- Incoterms 2010
- Using Drafts and Acceptances
- How to use Letters of Credit as effective financing tools
This training is funded in part through the State Trade Expansion Program (STEP) Grant awarded by the
U.S. Small Business Administration.