Actions and Detail Panel
Take Charge Now: A Financial Series for Women
Fri, Apr 21, 2017, 8:00 AM – Fri, Sep 29, 2017, 11:30 AM CDT
Did you know?
- 42% of all women lack financial security.
- Of the 62 million working women, only 45% participate in a retirement plan for their future.
- The number of older women living in poverty is 50% higher than older men living in poverty.
Join us for a series designed specifically for women to increase confidence and competence when it comes to financial matters. Experienced facilitator Molly Kelly, First Vice President and Financial Advisor at Morgan Stanley, will guide the group through a series of 4 sessions, exploring topics relating to general market knowledge, healthcare, unexpected life events, and legacy.
Expect more than your average financial seminar; Kelly’s workshop is more informative than technical, incorporating interactive exercises, behavioral trends of women, and employing equal parts fun, educational and impactful.
The series will be divided into the following 4 sessions:
1. EDUCATE - April 21, 2017 from 8:00 - 11:30am
Financial decisions, investment knowledge and general market overview:
- How comfortable are women making financial decisions?
- Who do they go to for help making them?
- How did they get to this comfort level or why aren’t they comfortable?
- What are stocks, bonds, and mutual funds and why do people invest in the different vehicles?
- How does asset allocation impact a portfolio’s return?
- History of the market and how it’s been affected by major events.
2. ENCOURAGE – June 16, 2017 from 8:00 - 11:30am
Navigating through unexpected or unplanned life events:
- Job loss or change
- Caring for aging parents
- Caring for a child with special needs
- Caring for family member with addiction, mental health issues, etc.
3. EMPOWER – August 18, 2017 from 8:00 - 11:30am
How we can prepare for what we know is coming:
- College funding
- Home purchasing (overall debt discussion for all major purchases)
- Long term care and rising health costs
- Estate, wills, trusts
4. ELEVATE - September 29, 2017 from 8:00 - 11:30am
Legacy planning, what we leave behind, and how do we help the beneficiaries of our wealth:
- Charitable giving
- Family foundations
- Wealth transfer
- Educating the next generation
- Family governance
- Recommended for women ages 21+
- Light breakfast, snacks and coffee will be provided for each session
- Free parking is available in Well Placed Smile lots