San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
TAIL WAGS DOG
Join Green Light New York and our partners at the 5th annual NYC Climate Week for an important discussion of the interaction between smart grid technology and smart building end-use systems.
The promise of smart grid technology has been touted for many years. Intelligent energy delivery systems that provide real-time data and can respond to both supply and demand pressures will be both more efficient and more resilient, and much work has been done to advance these systems across the globe. More recently, advances have been made in smart end use systems within buildings- a requirement if we are to unlock the full potential of smart grids.
Our panel will discuss the current state of these markets, what innovations we can expect in the near future, and describe the energy, financial and security benefits of a fully networked system in which smart technology is deployed from plant to switch.
Ron Ambrosio, IBM
Tim Angus, CEO, REGEN Energy
Prof. Roger Anderson, Columbia University
H.G. Chissell, Senior Vice President, Viridity Energy
Rick Thompson, President & Founder, Greentech Media
1.5 AIA CES available.
6:40 Panel Discussion
8:00 Audience Discussion
DIRECTIONS TO VENUE
The World Financial Center complex is a group of office towers connected at their base by a concourse that includes a central skylit atrium, the Winter Garden. Entrance to the towers and much of the circulation between them is on the 2nd floor, rather than the ground floor. The complex is in Battery Park City, west of the West Street. Most will cross West Street using the Vesey Street pedestrian bridge.
The tower that contains the Bank of America Conference Center is 4 World Financial Center, or 250 Vesey Street. Due to construction there is no entrance to the complex at the ground level of 250 Vesey Street, including the previous entrance between 200 and 250 Vesey street. The nearest entrance to the complex is through 200 Vesey Street.
- Enter the WFC complex and make your way to the Winter Garden.
- From the ground floor take the escalator in the NW corner of the winter garden up one flight to the second floor.
- Follow the long white temporary hallway NW from the escalator towards 250 Vesey Street.
- Sign in at the "Merrill Lynch" security desk, your destination is the Bank of America Conference Center on the 3rd floor
- Once through security follow signs to BofA CC and take the escalator, not the elevators, to the 3rd floor
- At the top of this escalator double back on yourself to the conference center
When & Where
Building Energy Exchange
The Building Energy Exchange is a project of Green Light New York, Inc., a nonprofit, tax-exempt charitable organization under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.