Actions and Detail Panel
Tackling Tics and Tourette’s, Part 3: How to Advocate for Children with tic...
Tue, May 23, 2017, 6:00 PM – 7:15 PM EDT
The Tics, Tourette’s Disorder, and Trichotillomania (T3) Service of the Anxiety and Mood Disorders Service at the Child Study Center at Hassenfeld Children’s Hospital of New York at NYU Langone is pleased to offer a no-cost evening program for families affected by tics and Tourette’s. This program will include three educational and practical workshops for parents and co-occurring support groups for children and teens.
Parent workshops will cover:
- A general overview of tics and Tourette’s Disorder
- Effective treatments for tics and Tourette’s Disorder
- How to advocate for children with tics and Tourette’s Disorder
Support groups will include:
- Information about tics and Tourette’s Disorder
- Getting to know other children and teens with tics and Tourette’s Disorder
- Conversations about daily life with tics and Tourette’s Disorder at home, school, and socially
- Exploring how to cope with and manage tics and Tourette’s Disorder
- ALETA ANGELOSANTE, PHD
- WILLIAM BENSON, PSYD
- REBECCA BERRY, PHD
- SAMANTHA BUSA, PSYD
- ALYSSA MCCARTHY, MS
- MICHELLE MILLER, PSYD
For more information, contact Rebecca.Berry@nyumc.org or Care Management at 646-754-5000
If you are bringing your child please email Samantha.Busa@nyumc.org and indicate the age.