SWOMfest '08 is the first-annual conference, workshop and party for the Society for Word of Mouth, designed for people who want to learn how to build word of mouth into the DNA of their organziation.
More about speakers, sponsors and the agenda are on the SWOMfest website.
WEDNESDAY, OCT. 29, 2008
- What: Pre-event party
- When: 6:30 pm - 9 PM
- Where: Lanai, 422 Congress Ave. (corner of 5th and Congress; entrance is on 5th street -- go upstairs to rooftop deck), Austin, Texas
- Who: For all SWOMfest attendees. Limited # tickets available to the public.
- Sponsored by: Young & Free Texas
SWOMfest '08 is during Halloween week, so we'll blind ourselves with costume party science on Wednesday, Oct. 29, the night before SWOMfest. The pre-conference party theme? The '80s. Bring your Devo energy dome and leg warmers. We'll have prizes for best costume. Then we'll adjourn to Cedar Street Courtyard to see the best '80s cover band ever, the Spazmatics,
THURSDAY, OCT. 30, 2008
- What: SWOMfest '08 full-day conference
- When: 8 AM - 5:00 PM
- Where: Long Center for the Performing Arts, Austin, TX
- Sponsored by: Dell, Blue Avocado, Flying Dog Beer
Our 2008 event is dedicated to understanding the building blocks of grassroots-driven word of mouth:
- Discovering your company's purpose. Are you in business to make money or to make money and change the world? You'll get an inside look at how companies and brands with a strong purpose and cause grow through inspired word of mouth and evangelism.
- Telling your company's story. How can you tell the story of your company, or product, in a way that makes it easy for others to spread it? We'll venture beyond the realm of traditional PR and give you the tools to think about building and telling a buzzworthy story.
- Understanding networks and communities. Paying people to secretly spread buzz within networks is unethical. Some say it's evil. It's against the law in some countries. How, then, does your company's purpose and story spread through networks and communities? In this session, we'll jump into the cultural science of understanding networks and how information spreads and why.
General admission (includes 80's party)
Includes admission to the 80's pre-conference party at Lanai on Oct. 29 from 6:30-9 pm and the all-day conference on Oct. 30 at The Long Center.
80's party only
Admission to the 80's pre-conference party at Lanai, on Oct 29 from 6:30-9 pm only. To attend the conference and the party, choose the General Admission ticket option.
Note: Tickets may be transfered, but not refunded.
When & Where
The Society for Word of Mouth
The Society for Word of Mouth is an educational network to help entrepreneurs, managers, marketers and changes agents build word of mouth into the DNA of their organizations using social media.