Actions and Detail Panel
Swing Stroll and Dance Class
Mon, September 25, 2017, 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM EDT
Harlem, birth place of the Lindy Hop, and stompin' ground for Lindy Hopper, Frankie Manning and many others. On this walking tour you will learn about the neighborhood which fostered the excitement and energy of Swing Dance and Big Bands! Bring your dancing shoes as this tour includes a Swing Dance Class after the walking tour!
- Dance lesson with Frankie Manning ambassador
- Learn about Frankie Manning and history of Swing and Big Bands in Harlem
- See former sites of the Savoy, Alhambra Ballroom, Lenox Lounge and how these historic sites have been impacted by current development trends in Harlem
Things to know before booking:
- This is a walking tour and dance class. Wear appropriate clothing and footwear.
- This tour focuses on neighborhood history. It does not include visit to church or music.
- Tour may be moderately difficult for the physically challenged.