"SWIM WITH PEDRO" Thursday Evening Swims 6:00 p.m. MARCH to SEPTEMBER
Weekly Event - Every Thursday
San Francisco, CA
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
SWIMMERS WITH NO WAIVERS WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO SWIM!
- All levels of swimmers are welcome. If you can swim a mile in the pool you are ready to make the transition to open water.
- We are a non-competitive non-threatening groupmost participants are preparing for upcoming competitions, but some are not. All are invited to join.
- Bring Mack’s earplugs, a thermal swim cap, goggles, towels, a thermos of something hot to drink and a good attitude.
- Swims are piloted by experienced kayakers. We break into groups according to the individual's capability and interest.
- We warm up with stretching for swimmers for 10 minutes and then a brief run on the beach.
- Thursday swims meet at 6:00PM (Thursday evenings, March through September). Jump in the water at 6:30PM.
- Sunday swims meet at Aquatic Park bleachers at 10:00AM (Sunday mornings year round). Jump in the water at 10:30AM.
WEEKLY SWIM WORKOUTS
580 Jefferson St
Water World Swim
Water World Swim has been offering open water swimming events and training programs for over 16 years. Some of our programs include the “Swim with Pedro”
Weekly workouts and training sessions, regular Alcatraz crossings and instructional clinics, the New Waves program for young swimmers with an interest in open water swimming, and our numerous open water races and events.
Our swims have been chosen for their beauty, safety , and general “coolness” factor. Each swim is prepared, organized, and guided by a team of local coaches and swimmers with vast experience and in-depth knowledge of the local waters. All our swims are fully certified, permitted and supported by the U.S. Coast Guard.
We welcome swimmers from all over the world with all levels of ability. If you are training for an upcoming competition, want to accomplish a swim from Alcatraz, or just want to experience swimming in the beautiful waters of the San Francisco Bay, then we encourage you to join us. We offer something for everyone.
Invite you to check our 2013 swim program listing full of swimming events for everyone interested in taking the challenge and register in the swim of your choice.