Welcome to the very first Bio-Makers Conference in Sweden
This is an event by and for bio-makers, bio-hackers and DIY-biologists with the purpose of sharing inspirational stories and practical hacks and protocols from the greater biohacker movement. The conference has four main themes: LAB, HEALTH, CYBORG and COMMUNITY.
09.00-12.00 Inspirational stories from biohackers from around the world. Speakers and topics include:
- The Biohackers Handbook - Teemu Arina, Author and Tech Entrepreneur
- How I Found out I'm a Cyborg and You Are Too - Enno Park, Cyborgs eV
- Reboot Your Immune System With Long-term Fasting - Jonas Bergqvist, Paleo-Institute
- Lab Technology for the Masses - Bethan Wolfenden, Bento Bio
- Implanting LED Lights - Jowan Österlund, BioHax International
- Taking Makers to China - Åsa Moum, Makerresan
- Genetic Engineering as a Service - Jaime Sotomayor and Luís Gustavo, Arcturus Biocloud
- How I Colored Your Mother - Gustav Edman, iGEM Gothenburg
- Brainhacking for Superperfomance - Mattias Ribbing, Succeeder
- The UKI platform, the leading service interface for chip implantees - Håkan Sahlén, Fidesmo
- The talks are moderated by Jane Skullman and Hannes Sjöblad
12.00 Lunch at nearby Soft Bar & Kök. Bring your badge!
13.00-15.00 Exhibition and Unconference - presentations and demos
The exhibition/unconference is an open session wherein participants can present projects, gadgets or demo hacks in an open forum style. Exhibits include
- Get to know hormonal biohacking
- Get an NFC chip implant
- Draw a blood sample for health analysis
- Understand how to use logical circuits in SynBio
- Download the latest NFC compatlble apps
- Get smart fingernails
- Plus a lot of other exciting topics!
Workshops are collaborative sessions with concrete, actionable insights and with the purpose to produce something of lasting value:
- Setting up an iGem Synbio group at your University or lab – a how-to guide.
- Quantified Self and Health Optimization. Tips, tools, sources and methods.
- How to start a biohacker wetlab in your city or in your kitchen. Tools, instructions, inspiration.
- Biohacking resources - what are the best places to find: Lab equipment, wearables, funding, inspirational material (handbooks, forums, blogs, conferences)
- Sensors and Arduino - Tools and toys for biohackers
- Bioelectronics - stimulating the body with electricity. A hands-on workshop!
17.00-17.30 Wrap up of the day
17.30-19.00 Free time
19.00-later Evening hangout with Drinks, Pizza and Fireside Chat on the Future of Biohacking
The evening hangout is a most informal session to continue the conversations you started during the day.
It takes place at the digital health co-work space H2Sthlm which is located at Hälsingegatan 45, 5 mins walk from T-St Eriksplan. Bring your badge!
Welcome to Stockholm and to SBMC 2016!
There seem to be a problem signing up for the waitinglist. If you want to put your name on the waitlist please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you if any tickets are made available.
- The Organisers from BioNyfiken
Thanks to our supportive partners & friends!
When & Where
BioNyfiken is a chartered non-profit association for Sweden based biohackers, DIY-biologists, citizen scientists, bodyhackers, grinders and quantified self-enthusiasts.
Bionyfiken was founded 2014 and have about 500 members.
More information can be found on http://www.bionyfiken.se/