his four day course is a skill developing, intensive training for individuals recently assigned to a tactical team or seeking refresher training. This is an introductory course. It will provide brief overviews and practice in basic SWAT skills and issues. The course is approximately 20% classroom and 80% practical. Subject areas covered include: personnel selection, standard positions within a tactical team and role of each; use of specialized tactical equipment;
basic tactics and techniques for approaches to scene, deployment, building entry, room entry, rescue evacuation.
The student will learn methodology & tactics in a classroom environment then be exposed to situational training and practical exercises.
- Purpose of law enforcement tactical units
- Instruction from current operators and supervisors representing Four Corners Area LEA’s
- Half day real-time mission scenario applying skills taught during first 3 1/2 days
- Live-Fire ranges all four days, building on skills taught from each previous day
- Liability mitigation through adherence to best practices
- Differences between Active Gunman and Traditional SWAT Tactics
- Differences between Hostage, High Risk Warrant Service and Barricaded Subject Tactics
- Effective integration of the observer/marksman with Tactical Team Movement
- Methods of mission planning, rehearsing and conducting tactical operations
- Application of Principles Of Winning in any tactical environment
- Demonstration and practice of specialized breaching techniques
- Multiple blocks of instruction on best practices for safe and accurate use of firearms
- Demonstrations of regional support/ mutual aid assets available to Four Corners law enforcement agencies