SV-ROS is proud to offer the Ssecond session of "Jump into Autonomous Driving" with the incorporation of the first session's Raspberry Pi3 into a MaxBot 'botvac' This session you will be using your MaxBot to map and then naviagate to way points. Learning how the ROS mapping and navigation packages work, so you can extend it at home. We are using the same code, we used in Max the Second place winner of the NASA sample return challenge.
- We are offering Factory Refurbished MaxBots at $220.00.
- We have a complete package for everything at $465.00 this includes everything running and tested
- We also are offering 32GB class 10 micro SD cards fully loaded and tested for $15.00
You will learn,
- PI3 networking
- ROS MaxBot node
- ROS mapping
- ROS launch files
- ROS navigation
We are expecting for everyone to leave this session with a working MaxBot that can Autonomously Drive. You will have full understanding on how to use and run the ROS mapping and navigation packages on a MaxBot. We hope to have people incorporate the Automomous Driving platform into amazing projects. We are here to assist you.
This will be a very hands on training session with lots of MaxBots running around. We are trying to build a ROS Autonomous Driving community, we want you to be part of this.
If you missed our first session, you can still gain the required knowledge by jumping in to this session.
- Laptop with Ubuntu and ROS Indigo
- Raspberry Pi3 with SDcard with ROS indigio and ubunbu 16.04 mate OS ( or purchase one)
- All cables, power supplies, batteries you will need to run
- A fully charged MaxBot. (or purchase one)
- A sack lunch
Pictures of the refurbished MaxBot are here http://maxed-out.io/maxbot/
If you bring your own MaxBot, make sure you have all the cables and battery power for hooking up your Pi3 to the MaxBot.
Looking forwarding to seeing how far everyone will go with this skill set.
If you purchase a MaxBot we will be getting them to you two days before the event,on March 9th at the Hacker Dojo if you can make it. https://www.meetup.com/SV-ROS-users/events/237638068/