Jump into your own Autonomous Driving Robot
SV-ROS meetup is opening up it's ROS training session for the Raspberry Pi3 and ROS ( Robot Operating System) code and systems. This is our framework that won Second Place in the NASA Sample Robot Return Challenge. You will get our "Brain Stem" code working and running on a Raspberry Pi3
This is the Introduction Class, getting you up to speed with your Raspbery Pi3, running Ubuntu 16.04 (Mate) and a introduction into ROS (Kinetic). You will leave being able to drive a botvac and understand how the ROS botvac code kints together on a Raspberry Pi3.
- Introduction to the Raspberry Pi3
- Communicating and setting up a Raspberry Pi3
- Introduction to ubuntu 16.04
- Basic Linux commands.
- SSH and Security
- Ubuntu package management
- Github and version control of your ROS code
- Intro to ROS
- Walk througth of the code location for ROS on the Raspberry Pi
- Build an existing ROS package.
- Launch a ROS master node on the Raspberry PI
- Basic ROS commands to demostrate ROS
- ROS documentation and support
You will need to bring:
- A computer with a Ubuntu 14.04 or 16.04 Virtual machine installed.
- If you bring your own Raspberry Pi3 bring cables and power supply.
We expect you to know:
- more than basic computer operations
- linux command line
- basic python.
We recommend that you purchase the Complete Package so you have everything you need to be successful to take home with you and build upon. The Real Time Clock is really an important part of making this all work.
Our second Class offered in March 2017 will builds upon this introduction class and trains you on how to use ROS for an autonomous driving differental driverobot. Estimated cost for the Second class is $85 and you will need a botvac, estimate cost used $250-300.