At this 2 day workshop we focus on how to structure and manage a successful cost out programme and how to effectively mitigate the risk of cost creeping back in as soon as you look the other way.
Executives in many industries are facing an ever increasing number of crossroads. With an unstable global economy, highly volatile oil prices, innovation and disruption lurching around the corner many are facing to the necessity of optimising their costs base to remain competitive - the challenge is obvious.
However, while cost optimisation is necessary, overly aggressive actions can backfire, undercutting your company's long-term performance and sustainability and ultimately cutting too deep can lead to a significantly increased risk profile.
To avoid the pitfalls of cost cutting, it is important to apply a balanced approach to cost reduction. Meaning; balancing direct cost cutting with indirect efforts such as contract renegotiations, auditing third-party contracts for compliance, build organisational cost awareness, Joint venture cost dialogues, diligent management of extended workforce and focus on production efficiencies,,.. the list of is long.
Case studies - The do’s and dont’s of cost reduction programmes
How to organise and manage a cost out programme
Workstream identification and organisation
Group sessions - working on cases from own business/organisation
External lecture from subject matter expert
Embedding a cost conscious mindset in an organisation
- Internal communication
- Risk management
- Stakeholder mapping and management
- The 80/20 rule
- Alignment of incentive plans
- Monitoring and Reporting of execution progress
Breakfast and lunch all days
Who should attend
Anyone facing the challenge of bringing a strategy to life
Anyone who would like to improve their capabilities in Strategy Execution
Anyone with an interest in the Do’s and Dont’s of strategy execution
This workshop is facilitated by René Palne, Principal Partner and CEO of Copenhagen Strategy - René has extensive theoretical and practical experience in running cost reduction programmes. Latest he worked with the global Maersk Oil Cost Transformation team, successfully reducing G&A and OPEX by more than 20% equal to a yearly reduction of approx USD 1.1 billion.
Invoicing and VAT
Due to the complex nature of international VAT settlements, please always select the offline payment option when checking out. Following your booking confirmation, you will receive an invoice directly from Copenhagen Strategy A/S, the invoice will show the agreed registration fee plus any applicable VAT rates.
How is the refund policy?
- Full refund possible until 1 month before workshop start
50% refund possible until 2 weeks before workshop start
Later than the above no refund possible
Can I transfer my registration?
- You are free to transfer a registration to anyone within your own organisation, please notify organiser.
- Transfer of registration to anyone outside own organisation not possible due to legal and tax issues - please contact organiser for alternatives.
- Registration can be transferred to other workshops hosted by Copenhagen Strategy - please contact organiser
Cost of Travel, Visa & Hotel
- Any travel to / from workshop venue is not included in registration fee
- If you need an entry visa to enter the country of the workshop location, this is completely at the responsibility and cost of participant
- Hotel and other related costs related to your stay during the workshop is not included in registration fee, except for the specific items mentioned directly under workshop description
- We do our best to offer participants to book rooms at a discounted rate at the workshop venues
Number of workshop participants
- To offer our guest at the workshops a superior learning experience, we aim to keep the number of participants low and never more than 20 ppl.
What shall i bring to the workshop
- We will provide all the materials and utilities you will be needing during the workshop
- Business casual
Save This Event
When & Where
Copenhagen Strategy A/S
We are a Copenhagen based management consulting company, specialised in Strategy Execution and Business Performance Management.
Our workshop fundamentals
We facilitate high impact & high quality workshops anywhere across the globe
Workshops are facilitated by our own expert practitioners
We use internationally recognised subject matter experts to co-lecture when relevant
We openly share our own frameworks and tools that has proven valuable to our clients
Our workshops provides a superior learning experience, loading participants with relevant, up-to-date, and useful knowledge
Participants will work on real life examples, making the learning experience relevant and valuable
All our workshops are held at prime locations across the globe, this ensures that our participants can focus 100% on learning and reflection
Please do not hesitate to contact us for a non-committing talk about our services and how we can add value to your business.