Tuesday, February 19, 2013 from 7:00 PM to 9:15 PM (EST)
New York, United States
The Surprisology Lab
Become a surprise-ologist
Are you someone who appreciates the little things - unexpected moments, the warmth of shared creativity & curiosity, big laughs, and a love of creating little surprises (dinner parties, hidden notes, etc.)?
This course is an exploration of the psychology of surprise, to lighten up & remind ourselves of the awe of sweet moments. We'll:
- Learn about surprise as an emotion
- Examine how wonder and surprise impact our memory & bond us with people.
- Take a look at the science of friendship & the art of silly mischief
- Hear & share stories of inspiring surprises small and large
- Design & make one surprise to postal-mail to a friend the next day
Graduates of this lab are invited to join & co-create the Surprise Squad, a Joie de vivre group that gathers regularly to create surprises, wonder & wander.
This Lab is a collaboration with Suprise Industries, the world's
leading surprise makers!
- 2.5 hour learning adventure
- Meet other playful surprise-lovers
- Create & take home a surprise to mail to a friend
- Spark up your creativity, whimsy & feeling of lightness
Teachers & Lab Advisors:
LeeAnn Renninger, Social psychologist and director of LifeLabs NEw York
Tania, Co-founder of Surprise Industries
When & Where
LifeLabs New York
LifeLabs New York is a laboratory for good ideas on everyday living, offering courses, labs, adventures and more.